3gx Firmware Downloads

Tony

Staff member
haha, I know what you mean. Just post up if you have any more questions. These things can be frustrating at times. ,

Scott17

I agree with you 100%. I found out somehow it was controlled by my rudder d/r switch. That took some time to figure out.

Barge

Hi Tony, any update on how V4.0 is going, I'm undecided wether to use V3.1 to start with., there seems to be a bit of contradictory flak on forums concerning V4.0.Cheers

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately with the way my life is, I have not been able to test 4.0 out anymore than I have posted. I have tried it on my 600N as well as a quick flight on my 450 (and my old 450 that I no longer own) and every time, it had tail issues. However, the cyclic was dead stable in the air. 3.1 hates to be on the ground, but I have done enough flying with it to get the settings perfect for a beginner pilot which is what I show in the flight mode settings videos. If you go 3.1, get it off the ground quickly. It will tip if you stay on the ground too long. If you go 4.0, get ready for some horrible tail bounce back. But who knows, you may get lucky, you may get a 4.0 that is stable all around.

I would start with 4.0 and see what it does. You can always downgrade the firmware at any time. Would hate to see yoru heli smash into the ground without ever leaving it.

Barge

Thanks for that Tony, I can handle a quick lift off as it is what is recommended with the Hex running APM as it does tend to vibrate a bit on the ground when spooling up. I start with 3.1 to tune the 450 up then give 4.0 a run down the track.

dj1963

can anyone tell me how to make the program work on windows 8`1 I have tried so many ways to install and get it to work

- - - Updated - - -

oh I have tried both 3`1 and 4`0 neither one work with windows 8`1

Tony

Staff member
3GX Version 5.0 is now available! Download it and give it a shot. I loaded it onto my Align 450 Pro V2 and it was pretty solid. Much better than 3.1 on the ground and much better than 4.0 in the air. Pretty much, take the best of both and put them together and you have 5.0. Solid ground stability for the new pilot and no weird tail issues in the air.

I'm personally giving this one a go after my flight. I will upload the video shortly of the "Smack Hover" test flight lol.

Steffert

Again, I just want to say how much I do appreciate all the help and simplicity ..some people seem to get tired of going over the same things over and over, glad you , and everyone else on see to be, not in that boat..) ship ) Thanks Tony and to everyone who really don't mind sharing with the 'rest of us'...I'm not too old to learn, just takes me a week or so longer than most, thanks and Blessings to everyone...* I tried to down load the VG 3.1 and I'm getting a error message... " An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. ( exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B ) any ideas? I uninstalled it and reinstalled same thing,...seems to be working except this window with the fault pops up ..x it out and it seems to scroll and show everything fine...then the popup..back..like every second...thanks again and Blessings to one and to all, As Always, I Am...

Hi Carl, until a few minutes ago I struggled with the same issue but after reading a bit here(especially) and there I did the following (running Windows 7); - installed 3GX V5.0, - in C:\Program Files (x86)\ALIGN removed the whole file so the ALIGN-folder is empty, plugged in the 3GX-usb stick (without connecting cables !), - opened the 3GX program, - meanwhile the driver seems to be installing and you'll get a prompt not to remove the stick while running every time you click "OK" it will pop up again until the driver is installed and then it works without prompts or pop ups. I closed the 3GX-programm and removed the 3GX-usb stick, then opened the program again and now it runs with all it's functions. Connecting,updating and setting the 3GX-unit itself will be in a later stage as I'm still building my Dominator. Hope you'll get it to work !

Danie Dup

Thanks Tony. I was totally ignorant to how gyro's work and how to set up a 3GX gyro. Looking through these videos have opened a new world for me. I have just purchased a second hand Trex 500e Dfc which I am having set up professionally as I didn't understand the gyro setup. My concern is that the setup will not suit my own flying style and may be to agressive.

Once I get my heli back can i safely connect to my computer to adjust only the flight mode settings to tame the heli furhter for the first few flights without messing up the DIR and and other settings that was done by the Hobby shop.

Tony

Staff member
Yes you can. Just connect it up to the computer, or you can do it on the gyro it's self. I have a video for both methods in this section. If at any time you have a question, just post it up and we will help out.

Ecrowell

Tony, I know in the video you said to setup the swash plate like in other videos you have done is this the same way when you set swash plate with a regular receiver? Set servos to 90 set linkages .... In the TX do you have the set in at -100% for a servo this runs opposite? Or is there some thing in the 3GX that has to be changed?

guyp

Tony, if i change my throttle curve from eg: 0-50-10 to 0-50-80 will i need to reprogram governor setup again?

Tony

Staff member
You are running a 0-50-10 throttle curve? Or was that last number supposed to be 100? I'm going to assume 100.

Let me know what governor you are running and on what helicopter and what power source (electric or nitro) and I will see if I can help further.

guyp

My bad I did mean 100, i have a trex 450L Dominator 6s & 3GX V5.0. Lets say i want to tame the heli down a bit by changing the throttle curve on the TX. In doing so will I need to change any thing on the 3GX?

Tony

Staff member
I would not change the throttle curve. I would go into Swash Mix and lower the numbers in there. This way, you will keep your 0,50,100 curve.

Tony

Staff member
Or better yet, just go into your Dr/Expo and add about 70% DR and +35% expo. This will tame it down quite a bit.

Top Bottom