450 325 mm blades

RMB677

I'd like to get some comments on the Hobby King fiberglass 325 mm blades. Are they acceptable replacements for the wood ones Horizon sells for the Blade 450 3D? If yes, which ones have you had good experience with? For what Horizon charges for a pair of wood I could get 2, or 3 FRP from HK.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
HK is HK! Cheep!! There are plenty of great heli part supply places out there. I would go with edge or align. If you want good preformance and safety, the two areas on your heli not to cheep out on are the head and tail rotors areas!

murankar

Staff member
+1 on that. I would like to add the Horizon hobbies Fusion blades. They run about $36 and these things are solid. If it's cost your looking at the check out hobbypartz.com. They have similar blades that cost $9. I have banged the hell out of four sets of these blades mostly grinding on the cement. Just watch the balace and c.o.g. of each blade in the set.

-------UPDATE--------------------
Ment to say Revolution not fusion.

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I have used HK blades. They are OK at best.

I would much rather get the hobbypartz blades. 6 bucks and they fly good. I have been smacking mine around doing 3D and they are holding up on dfc head. I use carbon fibre. Are they cheap yes!! Are they the best !!? No! They are at GOOD not great.

Align blades are 18 bucks for carbon fibre .. They are great!!

Fusion or revolution or Curtis Youngblood are the BEST.. Any size ... 36 bucks++

I flu HK fine glass on both my nitros 600's. They are doing fine. I do want to upgrade to maverikks soon. But I feel safe with what I have.

If your pocket allows atleast get aligns. If it doesn't get hobbypartz. If nothing works keep HK last.

Top Bottom