450 3 axis gyro

Catmann

I 'am building a scale apache 450 size and was wondering what would be a good 3 axis gyro?
this is my first scale build , and would be my first 3 axis gyro.

Thanks

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hey!! :)

3Axis gyro ... what does your pocket look like ? :D

Not compromising in quality a whole whole lot but CHEAP price is Tarot ZYX or Tarot ZYX-S .. Now this gyro is a tarot (japanese) copy of the Mikado VBAR for a tenth the price lol .. 80 bucks and u can find them used for 50 or 60 .. I have two. one on my 450 pro and one on my 600 nitro. Both work amazingly!

Next up would be Align 3GX ... they are good because of the brand name.. but to be honest I would much rather go with a tarot than an align.. Thats just me.. BUt those are good gyros too...

Next up would be Micro BeastX ::: If you want something for about 175-200 bucks or around that.. and something that is literally plug and play.. NO fancy programmer or software.. three pots and basically led light setup. takes 30 minutes and most of the times you dont have to touch it again.. I have on my Vibe.. If I had to choose a gyro and I had that money I would close my eyes and get a BeastX.

Next up is AR7200BX.. Basically Microbeastx which has a 7channel TX in it.. i think a total of 250.. add a sattelite (for birds 500 size and up) and the features and simplicity of a beast with a lot less wire mess..

NExt up would be MIKADO VBAR : FANCY.. VERY FANCY.. TOO MANY FEATURES... Bluetooth (tarot zyx has bluetooth too :p :D ) and you have to kow computers a bit well to really get to use all the featuers on those. Vibration Sensors and what not.. GREAT.. WOULD NEVER FAIL.. BUT come for a Steep price.. 300+ i think.

THere are tons of them in the market.. Blackwidow by Chaos.. (kinda similar to the CX3X1000 and Tarot I think)... Tarot has much more wide spread customer base and higher support than the other cheap brands.

So there you go.. you tell us.. what price range you looking at.. :D

Last edited:

Catmann

well to me the simplest and/or easiest to install is what I would like , so having said that what would you recommend BeastX?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
simplest and easiest to install is 7200BX.. if thats a bit pricey.. next go for microbeast X. same software and hardware just without RX... I am guessing with a scale you need the least mess possible, then go for the 7200BX or the Tarot ZYX-S which suports DSM2 or other satellites so it works just like a 7200BX without needing a seperate RX.. :)

JEXFIRE

I thank you too coolgabsi! I've had my eye on the Tarot for my 500 Apache build. Just waiting on funds. Thanks for providing a quick rundown of what's out there and what you've used.

Lee

I absolutely love my AR7200BX. So easy to set up and my 600 fly like a dream. I also have the Tarot on my 500. Fly great too but not (in my case) as simple to get set up and forget.

Catmann

Thank you to all you guys that responded I will start researching (AR7200BX ) as far as cost
I am sure the price will all be close

Thanks I will kept updating!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Now if you want the absolute best bang for the buck on a 7200bx.. Get the blade 300x. Lol

7200bx by itself is I think 275 and blade 300x heli which cones with a 7200bx is 325 ..

For 50 bucks you get a full FBL 300 size heli with it. You can keep it, and add a cheaper gyro to the 300x and for about 100 bucks more you'll have added an awesome heli to your fleet. ;)

Top Bottom