Quad 250 Quad ESC/Motor Issue

Tony

Staff member
You know, thinking back to when I first got into this hobby, I had an issue like this with that little 250 helicopter I had. It would do this when trying to spool up, but would catch after 5 or 6 tries and spin. That is exactly what this ESC is doing. Interesting... lol.

Tony

Staff member
Looks like it's going to be around $50 total to flash the ESC's. And wow, looks like a PITA as well lol. But, seeing as these are not "SimonK" (so I have found out), I may just do it to try out the BlHeli firmware.

Tony

Staff member
New ESC's will be here Friday according to tracking. And I have a few other things on the way that should be here tomorrow. Can't wait to get this little guy in the air.

Jörg Schulz

Tony, your esc are fine, thats was exact the same problem i had, looks like one lead from The motor is broken inside The motor. Check the motor ;)

Tony

Staff member
Actually, with a new ESC, the issue moved to another motor. So the motor is functioning just fine. I thought the same thing since i used a long screw the first time. I figured that I damaged the windings, but thankfully, I didn't.

Tony

Staff member
All boxes have arrived. Lets see if this thing will fly tomorrow if the wind is not out of control.

Top Bottom