2013 Flying Highlights

Ken Jackson

Overall a great year for flying. The 500 helicopter in these highlights is my first and only 500. It has gone through a lot of different looks over the last year and a half. I think I only crashed it 4 or 5 times this year and most of them were before June. Finally after thousands of dollars I finally figured out how to keep it in the air and still push it some.
Helicopter Highlights
Helicopter Highlights - YouTube

Started flying airplanes June of this year. Someone recently posted that they had been flying helicopters for a while and was thinking about trying planes. Go for it airplanes are easy in comparison. If you can fly a helicopter you can fly a plane and it will improve your helicopter flying as well.
Airplane Highlights
Plane Highlights - YouTube

Ken

Ken Jackson

Thanks Anthony! I need to add since I said flying planes was easy like an arrogant ass I wanted to add flying them is easy, LANDING CAN BE A DRAG!!!

Sorry airplane guys no disrespect intended, LOL.

Ken

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Island Breeze would you happen to know Cory from the Islands. He is wanting to come to IRCHA too.

Cant say that I do..There are two flying fields here and I only fly at the southern site. I always wanted to check the fellas up north but time is of an essence here and sometimes trying to head north is out of the question.

wolfman76

Here is to hoping i will be able to go to IRCHAA next year is a shame seeing as i am from close to Muncie...

Ken Jackson

Stay in touch when it gets closer, maybe you can ride along with me to save a couple bucks, on fuel.

Ken

Derek

I'll meet you guys at IRCHA! Actually, if we time it right....my wife and I can meet you on the interstate and we'll follow you there. The important thing is, we have to be there before noon on Saturday so that we can see the Noon Power Hour demo's, lol.

wolfman76

Here's to hoping. . If I get the job i am hoping for i just took a test for Amstead rail here in Hammond so if i get it money won't be a problem only since it will be a new job having the time off and i will have the whole family with me... HERE'S TO HOPING I WILL BE ABLE TO GO THIS YEAR!!!!

Ken Jackson

Good luck on the job Kyle. Hope it comes through for you. I was at barnstormers yesterday morning. Met Mike and a bunch of the guys. Been flying there for a month or so and have never seen anyone else there. Pulled in yesterday and there were 10-12 cars and lots of planes.

Kind of cool the way they just take off and fly with other people already in the air. Took a minute to get used to flying with others but no big deal I've been flying long enough I got used to it quick enough. I'll probably start going every saturday for a while. Hope to see you out there.

wolfman76

I thought is was Barnstormers you were talking about. .. I have been out there a few times but I am not a member.
Maybe we can meet up sometime I usually clean a place Saturday mornings out maybe we meet up ikon a Sunday morning sometime. .
Began putting my 500 back together and trying to get the p-51 finished but sadly i have alot of other projects ahead of them at the moment.I I have been going to chicago model masters flying site Kickapoo woods off 143rd & Halstead
And thanks for the best wishes on the job if I get it I should be able to go to IRCHAA this year unless I have to work overtime

Last edited:

Ken Jackson

Someone else just told me about that place. I'll have to check it out. I try and take a heli to work once in awhile just in case, lol. Wish I could take my VisionAire but its too big. Having problems with my 500. So been flying the 450 PRO DFC and my plane.

wolfman76

just have an AMA license but i got a buddy of mine says they never ask him for an AMA license...it is a forest preserve... but my buddy says not to worry about it

Top Bottom