2/2/14 450PRO DFC Flight

cml001

Not too smooth, but I burned off a battery during a quick breather today while skating.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Smooth enough, it came back in one piece! Keep the videos coming! Love watching pilots that are better than me lol. That's not saying a lot though.

cml001

Try'n to load the 2nd flight now.. It's way worse.. But I had my boys with me at the skate park.. My oldest did a good job film'n... Better control w the iPhone than I had w the transmitter!.. But a good day, I flew 3 batteries this morn in a parking lot, got chores done(kinda depends on if u ask me or the ole lady), got to play with the kids, skate, fly w/out crash'n... Pretty good day! Happy!

- - - Updated - - -

450PRO DFC Flight 2 - YouTube

Last edited:

EyeStation

Flight 1 looked good. I got scared at the 4:30 mark though. I think the cameraman and I took a deep breath at the same time.
You joined the forum in November, I can see you have been flying for lots longer than that.
Flight 2 had me stumped right off the bat. I saw you loading the canopy before the heli was fully initialized. Have you ever had problems because of that?
(Love the blue skies there in Agusta, lucky man.)

cml001

Yeah I let it drop a bit more than I wanted... But I don't recall feel'n iffy during it.. Think my son just lost frame... As far as the canopy... It was initialized.. Once the cyclic bounces the light goes blue.. The rest of the beeps are the ESC sounding off settings... And yeah it was a great day to be out... Had a real good time this weekend w friends and family. Thanks bud

- - - Updated - - -

Doin rc for about a year and a half... But various games and sims on PC & consoles all my life... Just recently cough'd up $ to play tho... Wish I had started sooner!

Ken Jackson

Good stuff, we seem to be about the same skill level. I've been flying 2 years. My goal this year is to fly as much as possible, but no crashes. I have had my share and I just want to enjoy. I will be flying my plane quite a bit. I've found flying the plane has helped with my helicopter skills. Only been flying planes about 6 months.

I'll have my 450 PRO in the air soon and it will be on video.

Ken

cml001

Yeah I did the opposite.. Planes first.. But I do like Helis more now that I'm run'n with'm... Yeah but that baby in the air! Ur gonna love it!

Ken Jackson

We'll see have always had trouble keeping an eye on the 450. My 500 is my baby and I have no trouble seeing it and it has a great feel. I flew my buddies 500 and decided it was the right size for me. I've flown a 700 and I'd like to have one eventually. Seen the new 800, wow. They get much bigger and you'll be able to fly from inside, Lol

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

Hey go in and edit your signature and list your fleet.

cml001

Lol... I've got a 550 sitt'n in a box.. $ to finish the build is tight... Not gonna run the talon, so I've still got to get an ESC, gyro... And battery's... They r expensive! So it's gonna be a little while longer... But I want to see it up as I agree the 450 is bit small... But it's sooo much fun!

Top Bottom