1st time flying a big bird

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
This my BeastX powered Trex 600 DFC. With tail gain set at 60% (DX8), I could not get the tail to wag. What tail gain values do you guys use on your big birds?

Just love the "farting" sounds.

(HD available)

Trex 600 DFC - YouTube

pvolcko

I run 55 on my 550X with 7200BX controller. I ran it as high at 70 in testing and didn't get a steady over-gain wag, but I did get the tail to become "darty" in a wind and it would sometimes "bounce" off the rudder release point and then snap back.

Lee

My tail gain is set to 38% 36% 34% on my DX8 All AR7200BX settings at default for tail. You may be able to fly at the higher gain in a hover. When you'll notice is in faster turns in wind. The way i test is to do funnels. This pushes the tail to the limits, but obviously not everyone can do funnels. A fast sliding turn will do the job too.

Westy

LEGEND
I run 82% on normal and 75%v on STUNT modes

works fine to me on my 3Gx ... states wagging at 86%

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
Thanks, guys.

Left pirouette is nice and crisp. But during right pirouette, the tail tend to bounce --like Pvolcko mentioned-- a little before settling to the final position. What do you think cause this?

Has anyone played with the Tail Dynamic pot on the BeastX (the bottom pot)?

Lee

You could try lowering it slightly to see if that stops the bounce back. But make sure you have the tail gain at the best you can set it first.

Top Bottom