Kits 1985 Anniversary Goldberg Cub First Day Build (Off a plan build)

svan3001

DSCN0480.jpgDSCN0481.jpgDSCN0482.jpgDSCN0484.jpgI had my workstation prepped before I began. I am using a bulletin board as a pin board, and I have my cutting mat to the left. The box of all the pieces is arranged on a table behind the workstation, where I can sort them and find the right sheets for the section I am building. Unlike the new laser cut models, these older off-plan models the pieces aren't marked well and they need to be cut free from the sheets they are stamped on to keep from breaking them. Instruction reading and following of such is quite essential if you miss a step you really can get in trouble fast. So after reading the manual, I laid out the plan to step one, which is the building of the tail section. Find the section that you are building on the plan position and it on your building board and secure it. Then you need cover the plan with wax paper, to keep from gluing everything to the plans and ruining them. The precut pieces are pinned in place and then the pieces that are cut from rough stock are cut to the image laid out on the plan and pinned in place. Once this is done you glue the one side, flip it over and glue the other. And after this you refer to the instruction for your next step. The most important thing to remember with a the builds is to keep things flat, it is critical for a good flying plane.

DSCN0480.jpg

DSCN0481.jpg

DSCN0482.jpg

DSCN0484.jpg

Top Bottom