Micro 130x

dperry

Just ordered a 130x. Never owned or even flown one this small. 400+ size is what I'm learning on. Wanting to start with novice maneuvers thought this may be cheaper, because I will crash. Also purchased from Go Nitro Hobbies. Anyone have experience with these guys

Slobberdog

I had a love hate relationship with my money pit, sorry 130x

It will be good to start with, just don't fall in to a trap like I did of modifying it, it's better fun stock,

When you first get it run plenty of expo, it will shock you how edgy it is otherwise, and use a light bearing oil on the bearings it will greatly help with wear,

Oh and buy plenty of batteries as you will end up flying the butt off this heli, but make sure you let it cool down between flights,

Best of advice overall, have fun with it,

Admiral

I find them, incredibly good, incredibly tough and incredibly high maintenance. They fly great and will do anything a 450 will do, they survive a drop from 40 feet onto grass and still fly but you are always working on them to keep them flying, I have the most problems with the torque drive tail and tail servo, but as Slobberdog says it is a Love Hate relationship. I have found one mod that I would recommend a full set of CNC cut gears for the TT tail drive they are available from RC-Hawk and while they don't fix all the problems they do help a lot.

Last edited:

dperry

How do you like your trex 250?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the suggestions. I prepared ahead and found a bundle deal with 4 300mah lipos included. I'm having problems finding CNC tail gear you are talking about. Did search for 130x tail and only got 2 results. Any ideas? Thanks again for your time

heli-maniac

The more you do to a 130x makes it more of a money pit
the main things to do is
a good tail slider
a TBS tail boom
metal gears
A eflight 76st tail servo and mount
I have had them from fully stock to fully modded
the one I have now is a full blown mod 130x
I have a few build threads in the mico heli section

Slobberdog

How do you like your trex 250?

I learnt a lot from my 130x, but the 250 is so much better imo, the beastx on the 250 outshines the 130x 4in1 gyro board hands down,

but as its been said the 130x will take a knock, unlike the 250 unless you fly it over a good length grass, and are quick with throttle hold,

my top upgrades would be

solid carbon main shaft.
lynx tbs system
and a lynx tail slider

only replace these if you break or wear the originals.

extra weight requires extra power for you to have the same fun.

- - - Updated - - -

appreciate the 130x for what it is and if you do go down the upgrades route you better have deep pockets. as it will just keep on taking from them.

Top Bottom