Micro 130x post crash blues

Slobberdog

Well I have to take the 130 apart again, as i have severe vibes post crash, I know the main and feathering shafts are straight but think it might be from my torque tube and tail, will try spooling it up without the tail drive and see if that is smooth first then go from there,

I am GUTTED this bird was flying so smooth, it will have its day again though,

Slobberdog

Well got most of the vibes out,

with no tail connected and the blades on, lots of vibes,
took the head off from the swash up, no vibes,
put head back on with no blades, no vibes
Changed out the bullet blades for 3d blades less vibes,

So I think I will order a new set of blades, but what do I get,

Another set of KBDD or maybe the Lynx heli blades what blades for the 130x are the best, what does everyone else use,

Slobberdog

Yeah thanks Tony, spent ages on that, am waiting on a response from Xtreme as I want to replace the links on my DFC arms as one popped of in the crash, and now feels a bit loose, but the tracking is now spot on, just don't think the blades are very good,

Tony

Staff member
Ah, right on. Also check the large swash bearing in there. Sometimes on things that small, a hard crash is enough to damage the race inside them. Hope you get it fixed quickly.

Slobberdog

Well just flew the 130x, and she's nearly back to normal, don't like the blade original blades they just don't give the same feel as I am used to with the Kbdd's, so I will be ordering a new set I think, got a new servo from HH for the one I had go bad, but gave the shop another one to send back as it was moving slightly without input and trying to tip the heli,

Think these servos are going to be high maintenance

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
yeah every crash in sand or mud, you'll have to clean those suckers.. but if you can keep the gears and mechanics clean, you are good.

Torque tube and gears front and back are supposed to have a good and loose gear mesh.. not bound together with no wiggle room. So set that up properly, and youll see how it will be smoother. (if not done this already)

Slobberdog

Found out that my tail boom was not sitting in the frame fully and the tail drive was slack, disassembled and found I could not get it any further in so I shaved about 0.5mm off the end, now its perfect,

Whole system is smooth as silk Gaba, sounds really good,

Slobberdog

Well just took the little one out for a few batteries, and seems like I have sorted the vibe issues, flew nicely and it was blowing a fair bit, 10 mph +, just need to get a new set of blades as the original performance blades just don't feel that responsive.

Top Bottom