Micro 130x Lynx tail servo

Slobberdog

Well a few of you guys might have read in my other thread of my woes with the Lynx DS-883 tail servo, they have caused two crashes for me now,

The first was failing by going from full limit one way to full the other after initially just going to full limit while in the air causing a spin,

The second done the same in the air but then would show a quick wag around centre before slowing down to normal behaviour,

I have a ticket in process with Lynx at present and while they have good customer service they want me to send the servo to their new servo and motor testing facility in Ohio, to which I have requested packaging and shipping slips to do so,

I think most people that have had this servo and are suffering the same fate as me, it would seem that it's being managed on Helifreak as a couple of Lynx staff and test pilots are on there, oh and a lot of the testers,

So if you are gonna go for this type of upgrade just beware at the moment.

heli-maniac

Yep have mine sent in
was told they should have the new V2 servo out in the middle of the month
was told i could wait on the servo or get a credit I told them I would wait but if the Lynx 130 frame comes out before then I may change it to a credit and get the frame

I now have a 76t servo on my 130x and man that thing is solid but it should be see how its made for the 300x

Slobberdog

Yeah not had a reply back as of yet, just got on to them again for an answer,

Gone back to a standard servo at the moment and with the lynx tail box being so slop free it's working great, will get the new servo off them and see how the thing goes, it has to be better than the 883

Slobberdog

Well just had an email to confirm they are going to replace my servo so I am a bit happier now just got to wait till stock comes in,

Have asked if they have a v2 on the horizon so will so what they say

jmerl

Do these lynx servos require any modifications to run on the 130x? If so, could you fill me in. I bought some and cant get them to function properly (microheli) heli just spins counter clockwise. Watched the arm from the servo and when I spool up it moves forward all the way. If I sub trim it down, it moves towards the tail. No happy medium. When I bought them I wasn't told of any special mods. The are micro precision servos hv

heli-maniac

Do these lynx servos require any modifications to run on the 130x? If so, could you fill me in. I bought some and cant get them to function properly (microheli) heli just spins counter clockwise. Watched the arm from the servo and when I spool up it moves forward all the way. If I sub trim it down, it moves towards the tail. No happy medium. When I bought them I wasn't told of any special mods. The are micro precision servos hv

What are you trying to use these servos for

jmerl

Tail....130x

- - - Updated - - -

I think I've got it figured out now with much research. Hv is high voltage and requires modifications. Going to try the lynx, hope it works

Top Bottom