#11 Keychain Camera (I finally got one lol)

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Update:

I am not that happy with this camera. If you are out in 90* weather, the camera will overheat and shut off after about 2 minutes. And no it will not save the video file before it does it. This is a major flaw, and I'm looking for a solution. I think I'm going to cut a hole in the case, and install a heat sink to see what happens. I will let you know if I find anything else out.

I was just going to suggest you might want to drill small vent holes in either side to get some circulation through it. Might be a little easier first step than attaching a heat sink. Just a thought.

All this talk about keychain cameras. . .

makes me want to get the new updated #16.

Stock, it has a very limited field of view, but with a wide angle lens, it looks just as good as the Go Pro 2.

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure as being as good as the gopro since the CMOS is much smaller, but it would have to be better than the #11 lol. I did finally get a decent onboard video with mine, and it didn't over heat which is surprising lol.

Bae Hawk

Hey guys
was reading about key chain camera. i picked up a $8 cam, I think its a #8 or 9 anyway......the blurr could be coming from vibration from the motor....balance is critical!!!
here's a photo taken from my buddies glider using this cam.
Snapshot 1 (5-4-2013 9-47 PM).png

Snapshot 1 (5-4-2013 9-47 PM).png

Derek

Yeah, I have one of these lil cams, too. It's not "great" but it does work. nice and lightweight.

Stambo

Hey Tony, I just pulled the trigger on the HoryzonHD V3.
I can't wait to get it in my hands and see what it can do.
From all accounts it handles light changes far better than my existing cam.

- - - Updated - - -

PS I can't watch your vids on my IPad for some reason. All I get is a lot of text.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Tony, I just pulled the trigger on the HoryzonHD V3.
I can't wait to get it in my hands and see what it can do.
From all accounts it handles light changes far better than my existing cam.

- - - Updated - - -

PS I can't watch your vids on my IPad for some reason. All I get is a lot of text.

As Lee stated, I can't wait to hear what you think of that camera.

And sorry about the "text" which is actually HTML code. I had HTML turned off for that forum for some reason. If you see anywhere else that has that code, let me know.

The video should be working now.

Top Bottom