Self introduction

Alina

New to this forum but old in the hobby. I like to learn many things so I fly most things RC. Have quite a big fleet of RC toys including three Align Trex600's, one electric and two nitro helicopters, Thunder Tiger Raptor 50, Trex 500, Trex 450, Edge 540 Redbull balsa nitro airplane, DJI FPV Drone, iFlight Nagzul Evoque racing quad, and a couple of foamies - home built delta wings, gliders, Spitfire sports airplanes and stuff like that. The fleet is a collection over many years that have grown too big for me to fly them all. I fly mode 1 and I am the odd one out as everyone else in my group of rc enthusiasts fly mode 2.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:welcome1: to the site. Cool you getting back into the hobby. The members are very helpful, knowledgeable, and willing to give great advice :).

Admiral

Welcome to the forum, seems like you have a wealth of experience. Stick with Mode 1 years ago I tried to change and it was going OK until things went wrong and the muscle memory took you straight back to mode 1, luck in those days I was only flying cheapies. The only person I have known to achieve both flies fixing wing mode 1 and Helicopter mode 2, Go figure!

Alina

Welcome to the forum, seems like you have a wealth of experience. Stick with Mode 1 years ago I tried to change and it was going OK until things went wrong and the muscle memory took you straight back to mode 1, luck in those days I was only flying cheapies. The only person I have known to achieve both flies fixing wing mode 1 and Helicopter mode 2, Go figure!
Thank you for your understanding. I also once forced myself and re-trained myself in mode 2 since all my fellow rc friends are on mode 2 and sometimes I had to help them out on maiden flights. Buy then like you said things started going all wrong during my usual mode 1 flying. Sometimes my muscle memory gets confused and acts weird unexpectedly hehe. So I promised myself never ever to try mode 2 again because I do not want to ruin my years of mode 1 stick time. I am happy I made the effort to fly in both modes because now it is comforting to know nothing is limiting me in mode 1 where I feel at home, whereas before, there always was this feeling of not knowing why most everyone seems to be one mode 2 and whether or not I am disadvantaged in some way. Now I am happy knowing I'm not

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thank you for your understanding. I also once forced myself and re-trained myself in mode 2 since all my fellow rc friends are on mode 2 and sometimes I had to help them out on maiden flights. Buy then like you said things started going all wrong during my usual mode 1 flying. Sometimes my muscle memory gets confused and acts weird unexpectedly hehe. So I promised myself never ever to try mode 2 again because I do not want to ruin my years of mode 1 stick time. I am happy I made the effort to fly in both modes because now it is comforting to know nothing is limiting me in mode 1 where I feel at home, whereas before, there always was this feeling of not knowing why most everyone seems to be one mode 2 and whether or not I am disadvantaged in some way. Now I am happy knowing I'm not
That is an impressive talent you have there to do both modes, Alina. I have problems just trying to keep the orientation of my heli sometimes :shhh:

Top Bottom