Quad ZMR 250 Quad

Derek

I have a ZMR250 also. It's an inexpensive frame with an easy build and inexpensive replacement parts (when needed). I've had my ZMR for a bit more than 6 months. I've got well over 100 flights on it and probably 15 (or so) crashes but I'm still on the original frame.

sneezy007

I have a ZMR250 also. It's an inexpensive frame with an easy build and inexpensive replacement parts (when needed). I've had my ZMR for a bit more than 6 months. I've got well over 100 flights on it and probably 15 (or so) crashes but I'm still on the original frame.

That's good to know Derek, I suspect I'll be crashing quite a bit when I first start out doing the FPV thing.

Where did you buy your ZMR250 and what components did you use?

Thanks.

Stambo

The ZMR will fly decent with almost any mini quad motor but I would suggest something that is capable of running 4 cell batteries. 18mm are a good budget option but for performance 22 or 23 is where it's at nowadays, 2300kv on either
Same with the ESCs, look for around 20a ones capable of 4 cell and Dshot or multishot.
Flight controller, Naze32 was the go to for a good while and it still does a fine job, but now it has been surpassed by the F3 and F4 units out there.
Battery wise it depends what you want to do with it.
I would start with some 3s 1500 at least 45c with 18mm motors or 60c with 22 or 23.
Later on once you get some confidence and want to go nuts is when you switch to 4cell and crash a lot faster. :)

Derek

Hi Dino! First off, when you do purchase your ZMR250, just go ahead and buy a second frame kit. That way you'll have all the necessary spare parts on hand. Now, that's just my opinion. I bought 2 frame kits because I wanted the spare parts here and on hand. However, I have crashed my quad many times and I've not broken anything. So, maybe I have a spare frame kit sitting around for no reason. Who knows!

I got my ZMR250 frame from www.buddyrc.com....$24.99

As for my components....

SunnySky 2207-2100kv motors (3 and 4S capable.....there are some youtube videos of people running these motors on 5 and 6S)
Little Bee 20amp esc's, flashed with latest BLheli (Stambo recommended these esc's to me and they have been super flawless)
Naze32 rev5 (the rev5 is no longer available, some people have talked poorly about the rev6, follow Stambo's recommendation for an F3 or F4 unit)
batteries...I have some 3S 1550 45C and 4S 1400 60C packs
Props, I've used many different brands of 5" props but I absolutely love the DAL5045 Bullnose two blade props
ImmersionRC 5.8ghz video system
Mobius Actioncam
Spectrum Satellite RX
I also have a small 5v bec to run the Naze32

I think that's about it

Best of luck buddy!!! It's been a great fpv quad for me!

sneezy007

Looks like I'll have to brush up on my soldering skills as well. I bought a learn to solder kit and am slowly working my way through it.

Lots to learn in the hobby but it's all fun.

Derek

that quad, for that price, seems quite reasonable. I'd be a bit hesitant about those esc's, just my opinion. I've tried esc's, with SimonK firmware, and I struggled to get them to work properly. Stambo got me hooked on the LittleBee 20amp esc's with BLheli firmware. Straight from the box, they just work!

As for LED's on the quad.....yep..that's easy to do. Most LED strips are rated to 12v. Just solder a bit of wire from the LED's to the leads that pull from the battery, and you're good to go. If you get to running 4S, you'll need a 12v regulator. Those are inexpensive!

Stambo

Does look cheap but good luck getting a CC3D to accept cleanflight or betaflight and even more luck getting it to fly anything beyond mediocre.
It is an absolute beginner setup at best and will not handle 4cell batteries.
I would look at spending a bit more on some better quality kit.
Probably not what you wanted to hear but my opinion for what it's worth.

sneezy007

Does look cheap but good luck getting a CC3D to accept cleanflight or betaflight and even more luck getting it to fly anything beyond mediocre.
It is an absolute beginner setup at best and will not handle 4cell batteries.
I would look at spending a bit more on some better quality kit.
Probably not what you wanted to hear but my opinion for what it's worth.

No problem Stambo, do you have any recommendations?

Top Bottom