Batteries ZIPPY Compact 5000mAh 6s 60c Lipo

Erfan

Hi

Anybody with any experience with "ZIPPY Compact 5000mAh 6s 60c Lipo", are they any good?
Is the 60c really 60c or is it at least near 60c (300A)?

Perhaps somebody has charged many cycles, are they any good after 100 cycles? Or 200?

Smoggie

I have a pair of the exact same batteries that I use in my Goblin 770 and Agile 7.2. Mine are about 6 months old and perhaps 40-50 cycles. So far they are doing fine, no puffing and the cells all balance nicely. They are a slightly unusual shape, a little narrower but slightly taller and a shade longer than most packs of the same capacity. They fit the Goblin and Agile fine.

As for the C rating, I don't really believe any battery is genuinely 60C rated. All I can say is that so far they perform fine for all that I can throw at them without excessive voltage sag, but I'm not the hardest of flyers by any stretch.

Erfan

I have a pair of the exact same batteries that I use in my Goblin 770 and Agile 7.2. Mine are about 6 months old and perhaps 40-50 cycles. So far they are doing fine, no puffing and the cells all balance nicely. They are a slightly unusual shape, a little narrower but slightly taller and a shade longer than most packs of the same capacity. They fit the Goblin and Agile fine.

As for the C rating, I don't really believe any battery is genuinely 60C rated. All I can say is that so far they perform fine for all that I can throw at them without excessive voltage sag, but I'm not the hardest of flyers by any stretch.

Thx Smoggie!

Yeah, c-raiting is hard to talk about, I'm happy if it can handle around 150A constant with bursts around 200A. Thats around 30c and 40c.
Little bit worried about the size, I have a trex700e dfc, it should fit on the narrow side and also hopefully the taller side (60mm). I guess since trex700 is one of the most sold helis they would try to make batteries fit the heli. I hope :D

erut800

Hello. Do you still using your zippy? I had a bad experience with zippy and all turnegys. They working well only in the beginning for me. And then they loos power. I stopped buying them 3 years ago.

Smoggie

I'm still using my Zippy and Turnigy batteries. They have done very well. Many are over three years old with hundreds of cycles and although some of these older batteries are starting to show their age in voltage sag under load they haven't puffed at all and are still usable. Like with any brand of batteries it can be a bit hit and miss because I have a couple of Turnigies that are younger then the rest (about 18 months) and they have started to puff a little.

Your mileage may vary because battery life is very dependent on how you use and store them.

Erfan

I bought 3 pair of them, they work great for now. My old "blue" Zippy's were sometimes hit and miss but these seems to go strong. A bit over 50 charges and they work great. Lets see how they perform after another 50 charges.
It says 60c but more likely around 40c when compared to Gens Ace. If they work great another 150cycles then they will be really good value for the money spent. More then half the price compared to Gens Ace or Optipower 45c.

erut800

I bought 3 pair of them, they work great for now. My old "blue" Zippy's were sometimes hit and miss but these seems to go strong. A bit over 50 charges and they work great. Lets see how they perform after another 50 charges.
It says 60c but more likely around 40c when compared to Gens Ace. If they work great another 150cycles then they will be really good value for the money spent. More then half the price compared to Gens Ace or Optipower 45c.

I use hobby king batteries only for cyclic movement. I can't use them otherwise. After few uses they loos power. I treated them the same way as the other brands. I used thor 7s and 6s for 5 years same batteries, with no problem. Now I use Puls and admiral and still use thor.

Top Bottom