Batteries Zippy 5000 mah

Frank Dell

hi all question hope not a stupid one, but I was finally able to charge this battery(had to change connecters) and its of course a 6s, I noticed that only 2 cells out of the 4 reached 4.20, the other 4 only reached 4.13, and 4.12, I take it that the battery is no good, I bought the helicopter from someone, its an align 550e with helicommand. thanks for help

Tony

Staff member
Fly the helicopter and run the battery down a few times and do a balance charge each time. The cells should come up. Most good chargers will force the cells to balance. ,

Lee

The difference in price of a good charger compared to a cheaper one, is generally in things like the balancing ability.
As Tony said, run a few low stress cycles through and balance charge.
If it doesn't get any better, try charging it on someone else's charger, if thats possible. See if it makes a difference.

Frank Dell

Thanks Tony, what im doing is a discharge on the battery, I'm only able to do that at 18v, and 5.0 amp hope that is ok. i'am using a hitech multicharger x1, so after that I was going to do a balance on the cells, you think that would do it? thanks

Top Bottom