YouTube Upload Issue. Anyone Else?

Tony

Staff member
Guys, I'm having one hell of an issue with youtube right now. I'm trying to get these videos uploaded and everything I have tried is not working. The upload will start, but it will just freeze at about 3% and never move. I have tested my upload speed and everything is fine. I have uploaded these videos here to the forum server and everything is fine. I'm just wondering if you are having the same issues. Let me know.

Tony

Staff member
interesting. I found if I switch from wired to wireless on my desktop I can make it go at the speed it needs to go. I'm wondering if this was an update on windows that is causing this... Checking this now.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, that's not it... ugh this stucks

murankar

Staff member
I am on wired and did not have any issues uploading while in windows 7. My Arch system is limited by the usb cable so I transfer to windows and upload from there.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah I'm not quite sure what is going on. I know there are others out there that are having this issue with just a quick google search. Here a couple months ago, you would select your file and it would not show it uploading. People were getting mad but if they didn't touch the page, the video would still upload. Not sure if this is another YT glitch or not. Guess we will find out when I finish editing this video. I'm awake way too early today lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Well I guess there will be no more uploads for a while. I can't get this thing to upload at all today. It's talking over 100,000 minutes. Yeah, I'm not waiting that long for a 13 minute video lmao. I have no clue what is going on and I have tried just about everything.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Have you sent a e mail off to you tube and asked if there is a problem? I uploaded the two vacation videos last week and part two of fathers day video all in a few hours. Both uploading from my video editor and directly from my machine. Now I did have a problem with windows live blocking my account do to someone hacking into it. I had to reset my account. But I still had no problem uploading directly from my computer.

Tony

Staff member
I have sent multiple emails to them and have yet to receive a reply. With youtube, you just get used to not getting a reply. I'm guessing they never even read any of this crap...

Tony

Staff member
I have had this issue for going on 3 days now. As I stated, I don't think there will be any videos for a while. I wanted to get this done this week because I start working on Sat and I will have no free time on my hands for a very long time to come. Ah well...

Tony

Staff member
Have you ever read their TOS? HOLY CRAP! They limit you so much that even my videos would be banned from there. And without paying 60 a year or whatever, I'm limited to 500mb upload a month. Dude, my videos each are higher than that. So no, Vimeo is out.

Top Bottom