You May Have Noticed All Of The Birthday Threads...

Tony

Staff member
This is a new add on that I just installed and it finally ran the cron this morning. When we were on VB, I could see the birthdays and I could make the announcement myself. With XF however, it's a little harder. So it is just easier for the server to search for birthdays for a specific day and post threads to each of them. I may tweak this in the future.

Let me know what you think about this new feature.

RandyDSok

I think it's a pretty cool idea and if it automatically would run daily, could take just a little bit of work off of you and the other mods trying to keep up with such details.

Tony

Staff member
It runs at 0800 every day and this is server side, not client side so even better IMO. I am trying to figure out a little better text though although I do already put the @ symbol in front of their name so it brings it to their attention a little easier. Just one more thing to try and wake this site up a little bit.

Tony

Staff member
I made some tweaks to the birthdays. Yesterday was not bad, but today there were quite a few. I looked at them and they were from quite a ways back and none of them had posts. Probably when I was requiring sign-in to download the plans. So I have changed it. Now you have to be signed in within the last year and you have to have made a single post on the forum for it to announce your birthday.

Top Bottom