500 You just have to love the Kbar

trainrider06

You got that right! I put one on a Walkera V450D03, and converted the electrics to Spektrum, That thing is a blast to fly and so nice and stable!
Good looking bird too! Nice!

holtneil

Hi mate I am fitting the new 500 pro dfc with a koala blue friday , I am fitting a Yap 80a as well it was on the heli when the 3gx tip the heli over so I hope it works , when I tried it I only got about 300 rpm , I think it lost its settings, I just hope its not blown, this tip over cost is getting higher each day , that will teach me to pop it up in the air faster , got used to the cobra you can take your time taking off , I hope once the 500 pro is fitted with the Kbar it will be as stable as the cobra on the ground , Fingers crossed

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
That thing looks great in the air! glad you are liking the new gyro! Keep the videos coming. Sorry for the late reply, getting further and further behind with all of this work that I'm doing lol.

trainrider06

Hi mate I am fitting the new 500 pro dfc with a koala blue friday , I am fitting a Yap 80a as well it was on the heli when the 3gx tip the heli over so I hope it works , when I tried it I only got about 300 rpm , I think it lost its settings, I just hope its not blown, this tip over cost is getting higher each day , that will teach me to pop it up in the air faster , got used to the cobra you can take your time taking off , I hope once the 500 pro is fitted with the Kbar it will be as stable as the cobra on the ground , Fingers crossed

I don't think you'll have any trouble with that conversion, I sit there and spool mine up and down like your cobra.
i am really amazed at this FBL controller....I've heard a lot of others having great luck with it too!
When I first got mine though, I had a bad USB cable that came with it, and it blew all my USB ports as soon as I plugged it in....Cost me a hundred bucks to get computer fixed....Haha stupid me couldn't leave well enough alone....did it again!
I wasn't gonna take the computer back there again so I looked and looked for a solution to my USB ports....found a small little thread online, a guy said to plug in 2 mice and boot up system....sure enough! It worked!
Then got me a new cable and my Kbar programmed perfectly and set up nice and now flying this heli with it!

holtneil

Hi Rodney yes I remember that , I have a very long lead that I use with my camera , so I just use that one , Well I fitted the Kbar today , should had left it I just did a 48 hour shift , well I could not get it to work servos all over the place , then it clicked the 3gx has its swash set at 130 deg 3 servos in the transmitter and the K bar has it as a 1 servo 90 degs once I changed the settings it worked spot on , the other difference is the 3gx used aux2 for the gyro gain control( DX9) and the Kbar used gear channel , I will try and do some videos I just dont want to bore you all to death

trainrider06

Ahhh good deal! I am sure that heli will be just like the other one.....sweet! Just can't say enough about that little Kbar!

murankar

Staff member
I am finding the kbar to be the best clone I have owned. Setup out of the box with minor adjustments. I still have a wag in my tail, I think its P and I gains that need adjusted. I love the bank switching and really find it to be an asset to tuning.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

trainrider06

I am finding the kbar to be the best clone I have owned. Setup out of the box with minor adjustments. I still have a wag in my tail, I think its P and I gains that need adjusted. I love the bank switching and really find it to be an asset to tuning.

I had a Trex 500 flybar complete head and some parts laying around....swore I wouldn't mess with FB heli's after being pampered by some of these great FBL controllers out there. So I got a deal on a Trex 500 frame, motor, esc, and parts
Now building a FB 500...oh well, I have a Spartan Quark that I'll use on it. Thats the next best thing to holding a tail for the FB helis. Besides my other 500 needed a brotha to hang with next to on the wall when heli flying was not in the days plans...

murankar

Staff member
Those are nice to mess with from time to time. Really loving the fbl though. Way less parts.

trainrider06

Yeah I have gotten really spoiled with FBL heli's, like you say not so much to mess with
But figured it would be kinda cool to have an old (quickly becoming extinct brother to my
DFC Heli) it really is kinda a hassle to mess with a FB heli compaired to the FBL heli.

holtneil

Hi Rodney , you must admire the engineers that worked out how to make the heli stable with a fly bar, and to get all the rods and links working together ,I know its complex but its a thing of beauty, this what made me want a CP heli , hated setting it up lol, just love the look of the fly bar head

trainrider06

i can be such a traditionalist sometimes (and not for my own good)! Yeah it is amazing, thats what gets me sometimes the beauty of the engineering that went into these designs to get em to fly like they do....and really a FB heli isn't so bad.
Its just a pain to set up and takes more time!

Top Bottom