Prop YGI Flyer SW-36 build

talberter

A $50.00 Airplane I bought on ebaySome damage to wing, but supplier is sending new wing. So, I'll have a spare wing. After fixing wing I stuffed it into the ceiling fan while showing it to another member last night. Already fixed. More to follow......

]GetAttachment11.jpgGetAttachment12.jpgGetAttachment2.jpgGetAttachment3.jpgGetAttachment10.jpg

GetAttachment10.jpg

GetAttachment11.jpg

GetAttachment12.jpg

GetAttachment2.jpg

GetAttachment3.jpg

talberter

I need some more yellow paint before I can start assembly. It's a special foam safe water based paint that has to be air-brushed on. The control surfaces have a have a rubbery silicone, hot glue type attachment hinge that I've removed and will be using welders glue as a replacement. Any surfaces that will have any kind of attachment ie; servos, battery velcro, decals, etc. have to be sealed with a 20% diluted white glue solution. SO, I sealed the whole plane, as I don't know what type of decals. and or decoration I'm gonna use yet, if any. It's gonna add some weight, but I have a motor that will fly it to the moon. AND I now have a full-time job. SO to answer your question, I DUNNO !!!

talberter

This is what happens when you use welders glue on styrofoam...........................GetAttachment14.jpgGetAttachment13.jpg It's used on Depron & EPP foam w/no problem. So, Pass it on............

GetAttachment14.jpg

GetAttachment13.jpg

Last edited:

RandyDSok

I probably would had done something similar but only on the hinge lines or something like that... I suspect I'd would have used epoxy for a critical joint like joining two wing half's together.

Tony

Staff member
Looks good. I also moved this into the prop section. When do you plan on putting this puppy in the air?

talberter

Well, during the maiden flight today after trimming it out and making a few passes over the field, it smoked the motor....All I can say is that it glides perfectly.. Dead stick no problem. Which surprizes me cause it weighs a ton. Gonna swap out motors and put a e-flight 450 in place of the 370.. Get back with some pics next time.

Tony

Staff member
Glad that it flew good TJ, and no crashes :thumbsup:

I wanted to make it out this morning, it was perfect. But, I was on a 12 hour stretch at the base until 10 this morning. By that time, the wind came up, and my Edge is not even together right now. it's still apart from the video lol.

I will have to get out there and at least get some video of you and that bird.

talberter

Well, smoked the first motor. A E-flite 370. The second motor a Hacker 20-30m had starting issues after one 8 min. flight. Think it was the ESC. Have replaced the Hacker with an E-flite 450 and the ESC with a Castle Thunderbird 18 AMP. It's pullin 14 amps with the 2200 mah battery. 3rd maiden flight comming up. Has flown very well on maiden 1 & 2 (according to Louis). I took over the controls on maiden 2 for about 20 seconds before handing it back. Been having buddy box issues so, been handing the transmitter back and forth. Not ideal, but worked so far. Gonna get burned eventually!!!!!!!!!!!

talberter

3rd Maiden flight today with new motor in all that wind. 12-18 mph gusts. Flew like a champ. Motor is a little noisy, must be from when I put it in nose- first that time while it was in my J-5 Cub, but it wasn't noisy while on my flyin board!!! It's always something isn't it!!! Well now I'm gonna go ahead and finish painting it, striping it, and stickering it up, then I'll crash it............

Later, T.J.

RandyDSok

Cool stuff TJ....

I really wished I could have joined you and Louis out at the field when you had called... just have to place work first before play...

Top Bottom