ESC YGE Constantly Beeping

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Today I went to the field to fly after a few weeks of bad weather that subside. low and behold no flight in because of this weird situation of my motor constantly beeping. I got home to trouble shoot this thing and have had no success.
I tried a new ESC, Motor, resetting the Beast X and even created a new profile on the TX, yet it still beeps(6). motor will still spool up but when return to low throttle the beeps continue. any advise folks :banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

Re: Beast X Constantly Beeping

Is t a YEP esc? OR YGE? They do that if you have it set to GOV mode.

Lee

It only does it for me with gov. Is yours set to gv? A fellow user had the same beeping and told me it was normal. I have flown with it beeping like that for a year now with no abnormal effects.

Last edited:

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member

Thanks lee! It's just weird because it didn't do it before. Yes it is on gov mode

Lee

It's got something to do with the throttle high low end points. You might want to change the title to YGE beeping as its nothing to do with the BX . :)

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member

Will do

- - - Updated - - -

Tony can you move this to the ESC section.

Ok! I got it. beeping gone.
Steps:
1. turn on TX
2. plug in heli, on first ESC intilaize put throttle to full, esc will then go thru initialize setup
3. pull throttle to low.
done.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
If its a YGE, then you can push the set button once and see if by chance your settings got changed to Mode 1. Mode 1 I think is throttle caliberate every time throttle comes to zero mode.. I know you said you changed ESC's.. but have you tried to reset the ESC and recaliberate it. I had a YEG esc before, and it didnt used to continously beep .. ??

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
I found out that 6 beeps is an error code for start up failure. Either i clear it with a program card, which i do not have or boot process with low to high thro stick and back to low to clear error. Beeps all gone now and i am ready to hit the field this weekend. by the way i did not notice any reset button on the YGE.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I found out that 6 beeps is an error code for start up failure. Either i clear it with a program card, which i do not have or boot process with low to high thro stick and back to low to clear error. Beeps all gone now and i am ready to hit the field this weekend. by the way i did not notice any reset button on the YGE.

It's the same button you would use to select the mode.

Reset was meaning more like re- set :D

xokia

Ok! I got it. beeping gone.
Steps:
1. turn on TX
2. plug in heli, on first ESC intilaize put throttle to full, esc will then go thru initialize setup
3. pull throttle to low.
done.
That sounds like auto end points. Meaning it is calculating your end points each time you power the ESC and that is why it requires you to go to full throttle. CC has a similar feature and it annoyed the heck out of me. Have you tried going through and resetting your end points?

Last edited:

Lee

I read it was an error code, but i've never tried to make it go away.

Last edited:

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
I read it was an error code, but i've never tried to make it go away.

Correct! it was an error code for motor start up failure. with the Beast x once you plug in heli and esc goes thru first initialize beep put throttle to high and you will hear a sequence of beeps at that moment you put throttle back to low position...."Beeps Gone".

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds like auto end points. Meaning it is calculating your end points each time you power the ESC and that is why it requires you to go to full throttle. CC has a similar feature and it annoyed the heck out of me. Have you tried going through and resetting your end points?

That's what I thought it was..but wasen't. it ended up being a startup failure. I had motor wires removed when re-setting pitch and remember not having throttle hold on, I am not to sure it makes a diff on that but it seemed to have caused the error.

Lee

Do i need to have the throttle curve linear while doing this, 0,25,50,75,100 or can i leave it as i have it set for gov, 65,65,65,65,65?.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
for caliberating you need to change throttle curves to linear and re-set them AFTER when you have programmed ESC to be in GOV mode

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
I calibrated it while I was on norm mode, which for me is linear. Did a quick test flight and my Gov mode is still as programmed...

Top Bottom