450 Yge 60 lv v5 scorpion motor

scrc511

Need help guys, just want to make sure of things. I have a Gaui X3, upgraded my motor to Scorpion GAUI -GM302s 1580kv and just yesterday received my esc, the YGE 60 LV. According to the motor, timing is 5degree and Frequency at 8khz. Now on the program card, timing goes from 0 6 12 18 24 and 30 degree, some are saying 0-12 is for in runner motor & 18 on up for out runner. By default the program card is at 18 degree, is it safe for me to set that motor on 18d? And the frequency, when I calculate my KV x voltage x magnet loose divided by 20, mine comes to 17,000 something..on the program card is it safe to be at 12 or 16 kHz?
Pls help and send me some info, thanks. The heli is running on 6s, 1580 kv scorpion motor and YGE 60 LV esc. I'm also using an external 10am BEC by castle, I have KST servos all around, kst ds215's cyclic & Ds 515 tail. Wanted to know also if I can get away without using the external BEC, thanks again.

Scrc
Rick

- - - Updated - - -

Typo error. I meant magnet polls & 10amp BEC. Thanks again..

Lee

If the motor gives you the correct Timing and frequency, then program the ESC as close to that as you can.

scrc511

Thanks, that's how I set it. Is it normal for scorpion motor to get really warm after flight? I had it at 6d & 8kHz, thanks for the info. I'm gonna use YGE esc also to my Goblin build. Thanks again.

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

Scorpion Motors are renowned for being hot. Its normal. Mine in my Goblin 570 get pretty hot.

murankar

Staff member
YEs my HKII-2221-8 kets hot also. Gorges in an interview said that when you convert as much electricity into power you get a lot of heat.

scrc511

Thank you guys for all your help & infos shared. As for my settings I left it at 6 degree for timing & 8 kHz frequency. I set the active free wheel to off since I'm not running a governor. I was told if the governor is not use the active free wheel won't really matter whether it's on or off. Flew it earlier on today, must say that YGE has more punch in delivering power to the motor, felt the head speed to be more on a crisp side. Over all it's a great ESC, love it. The motor is fairly warm, but like everyone had said about the scorpion motor they do run hot. So far so good. For my new build tho thinking of trying the new talon HV 120 on my G570. Cheers!

Lee

Cool.
Have you built the 570 yet, or are you just changing the ESC?
Check out my build thread for the Goblin 570.
That Talon should be good. Are you running the Scorpion 4025 1100KV?

scrc511

It's my first Goblin, it might take me a while to actually get it going. Have to get the electronics one at a time, with the Holidays and all along with the kids lol..it's not so easy to get all the things I need at once. I'm gonna run mine on 6s, KDE motor, Talon 120 HV ESC. Servos, my LHS recommended BK's, FBL unit I like the mini Vbar have not use any other fbl unit since I made the switched to Vbar. Would love to check out your build thread for the G570m, I'm done with the frame and trans, when I have the motor on hand I will then continue on with the build. Any tips are welcome, do you have any recommendations as far as the electronics goes running mine on 6s? Cant spend that much so in the middle of quality or price point of the electronics that's where I'll be..lol. Thanks again.

Lee

Here is my build thread.
Goblin 570 Build thread & Flight videos

BK servos are awesome. Love mine.
I'm running 12S on mine. I just love that the electronics aren't being pushed to there limits like they are on 6S
My packs are 3300mah Revolectrix 6S Platinums $65 each. They are the best batteries I have used so far regardless of price.
IR is 0.9 ohms per cell which is fantastic.
Read through my build, and let me know if you have any questions.

murankar

Staff member
I would watch using the mini vbar. Apparently the mini vbar has a power issue. If you use vbar go with the full size one. Other than that the gyro you use is your choice.

Top Bottom