FBL Gyro Yet another 3gx problem

treff

yes I know, another problem setting 3gx. Yes I have watch Tony's great video on the 3gx about 20 times and I thank him for making them.
My problem is with the rudder, yes the rudder. I have set it up to the video and all works well rudder centers great thats the problem. When I give left rudder with just a little stick movement say a quarter movement on the sticks of the tx the rudder moves but immediately the rudder jumps back to the centre like its on elastic. When I apply full stick on the tx the tail remains where it is. Going right everything works great, no problem. Am I missing something in the set up. I am in the HH on the tx and the linkage and slider are like silk. Any ideas toss em over here and I will catch em pretty smartish. Thanks

Slobberdog

Set the tail up so that you get no drift in rate mode by adjusting the length of your control rod, then reset you limits in your rudder set up on the 3gx light 4 in sequence if I remember correctly, once you done that try it in head hold mode and you should be ok,

In V3.1 my tail was set up as the manual, and it was perfect, but it was not quite in V5, so done this alteration as told by Dave of RR and now my tail behaves perfectly,

treff

Thanks Slobberdog will give that a go. I had to rebuild my 450 so I had something to fly lol. I had all the parts in the spare and junk box, mostly junk.

Tony

Staff member
If you are moving the rudder stick slightly and the tail is not holding and is jumping back to center, then my first thought is the POT in your Tx is going bad. Might need to take a look at the monitor menu in there and see if it's jumping around. Move very slow and make sure the numbers on the monitor menu are moving smoothly and not jumping around.

treff

Thanks Tony, I never thought of that. I will check that out over the week end. Everything else set up correctly so you could be right.
Cheers

Top Bottom