ESC Yep setting

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey all, I used Tony videos on setting up 450 heli using 45a Yep for a 3s motor. On a 6s motor=1800Kv the timing specs on this motor is 5 Degrees. I'm using a 60a yep on my Gaui X3. My question is if my timing is lowered from 18 degrees on my 3s motor=3850Kv to 6 degrees on my 6s motor=1800Kv "no 5 so round up to 6" and the PWM went from 10Hz on the 3s to 8Hz on the 6s. Does my P/I gain and my cut off voltage change also? I can use some help with some numbers if anyone can understand what I'm talking about.

Lee

I have never touched the P and I gains on my YEP. Just left it stock.
Cut off voltage same for all helis. I have mine around 3.5V.

Tony

Staff member
About the only way to know for sure is to take it up and fly it. I assume you are running the governor function since you are wanting to play with the P/I gains?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
No Tony, i don't want to play with the P/I. I don't even use the governor on her. I tried everything accept bearings. The cnc tail upgrade, the one I'm going to order, is the way to go i hope. That plastic tail assembly that came with the X3 did seem cheesy looking to me. I wanted to change it from the beginning and now i have a good reason to. Thanks

murankar

Staff member
P and I in the esc are used to fix head speed issues during loading and unloading of the head. They also are used to correct negative tenancies in the tail also. If your tail is still wagging and the tail gains are good then something mechanical is amiss. I have not had any wagging issues that could not be fixed though gain settings. My bearings a well oiled and everything is smooth.

Top Bottom