ESC YEP ESC help plz..

prior8t2000

My Align esc had a heatstroke and needed replacing.
AR7200BX, Scropion motor, DX8, 3 cell Lipo battery.

Need help getting Hobbyking esc to work with Gyro.

The new but used esc that is in place is YEP 45a ESC.

Help me set up or how to program it or if I need to recalibrate.
After I turn on DX8 then plug in 3 cell Lipo, only RED light comes on at ESC.
Not able to make motor spin blades.
Where did I go wrong..?
Can someone help.
I thank you in advance for your help....

Incase if anyone needs to know,..... I did search for last three days here and HeliFreak. HeliFreak is still down for upgrade...
Also, my was purchased used and so no manual came with.

Tony

Staff member
Have you by chance watched my video on programming the YEP?

Last edited:

Derek

I've had a bit of experience with the YEP 45 esc. I tried it "NEW" on my Trex 450 Pro. I did get it set up, based on Tony's videos but I could never get the helicopter to work properly. The head speed was very random and unpredictable. I ended up getting a lightly used Castle Ice 50 esc.

Now...despite the fact that the YEP 45 did not work for me, there are two RCH members that I know that that do have the YEP 45 on their helicopters and it works just fine. I think it's just a matter of going through the setup properly. My advice, follow Tony's videos. It's a great starting point and reference.

Tony

Staff member
One other thing, do you have a program card? If not, get one. These things are quite confusing programming with the Tx.

Lee

Yes, you need the program card to make it work for you.
So much easier than trying with the sticks.

prior8t2000

Thanks for the reply's, also it jus received my Program card from a cool friend of mine that meet in the states..
He had an extra one to give me. So now and when I get some free time I'll let you know how setting the ESC with the program card work out for me...?.
i will keep my fingers crossed twice and really hard for it to work...
I will inform you all how good if it does work at all or if it turns out a dud.....?..
Tanks to you all.......

Top Bottom