ESC Yep 80a settings

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hello, Can anyone help me with the set up of a yep 80a esc settings for a 500 heli. I need the timing, cut off voltage, P/I gain and PMW. I have the spec for the 40/45/60amps for a 450 and X3 but not 500. The 500 has a Turnigy motor "No specs" and AR7300BX.

trainrider06

Hi D.O.G. On my TRex 500 I set my timing low I think 8-6? Cut off volts at 3.2, the PI gain and PMW I believe I left factory setting...

holtneil

Hi this is how mine is on a 500 pro dfc
On the Timing row move across to 18Deg and pres ‘enter. ESC/motor should beep.

· Go down to brake and scroll to ‘off’ hit enter and get the beep.

· Cut off type - ‘slow down’ (enter –beep), LiPo (enter –beep)

· Cut Off Voltage – 3.0 (enter –beep)

· Cells – 6 (enter –beep)

· Don’t bother with special function

That’s it for the first screen, fold the flap backward to show the second screen. Press both left hand buttons together and the LED should now flash indicating that the second screen is active.

· Act, Freewheel set to ‘On’ (enter –beep) on same line Gov. Mode set to ‘Gov store’ (enter –beep)

· P-gain and I-gain should be ok at default values

· Startup speed – heli middle (adjust later if it’s too fast or slow) (enter –beep)

· PWM Frequency – 16KHz (other values are fine too) (enter –beep)

Startup power - Auto (enter –beep)

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey holtneil. Yes I did get the esc sorted out. Thanks for the 411. My parts finally arrived yesterday and the rebuild has already started. She should be ready for her second flight this weekend. First one doesn't count due to mechanical failure. LOL So we can say first flight, I think.

Top Bottom