Yay!! Got my Phoenix sim.

Dirk

The postman just came a knocking with my Phoenix sim. Everything installed now. Mine is version 2.5:dispirited:

From what I understand, I can upgrade it for free?

I've also noticed that you can do zip with it unless you have a tx connected to it. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait for the postman again with all my other goodies.

Tony

Staff member
You will need the cable for it. Each cable has a code yhat will allow you to use it.

Dirk

Hi Tony,

I have the cable with the USB thingy on the end. It is still asking me to connect the tx. Can this version be upgraded to the latest version?

Thanks for the quick reply. Don't you ever sleep? Lmao!

Dirk

Got it sorted out. Busy updating my sim to V4.0j. I missed a file on the install CD. Installed it and now it allows me to do the update. Still can't do much without the TX though.

Dirk

Okay, this thing just kept on updating the whole time. It is now on version4.0p. As far as I can tell, this seems to be the latest version?

stokke

Okay, this thing just kept on updating the whole time. It is now on version4.0p. As far as I can tell, this seems to be the latest version?

Correct. If you get a Spektrum transmitter, it's plug and play. If you get any other brand transmitter, you'll need an adapter.

Derek

Yep...the 4.0.p is the latest updated version. What Tx do you have? If you have a Spektrum Tx, just plug it in and go through the calibration and we can all fly tonight.

Tony

Staff member
Nope, I don't ever sleep. Especially on days like today when we have tornadoes bouncing over my house. Good times.

Dirk

Nope, don't have my DX8 yet. The courier company's website tracking facility said "In transit" Hopefully today!

Tony, thanks for fixing my booboo! I hope everything turns out okay for you. We don't have things like tornadoes and hurricanes here in South Africa.

Tony

Staff member
It's all part of living in Oklahoma bro. I love storms, I love tornadoes. But I LOVE sleep MORE!!! lmao. Just wish they would hold off until I was awake. Not 2 hours after I go to sleep lmao. Ah well. Maybe all of these storms will settle the atmosphere and allow me to fly this weekend. I'm itching to get the 450 back up. Need to test it out before putting the new gyro on it to compare the differences. Oh yeah, thread jack hehe.

:threadjacked:

hahaha i think lately i've been jacking many threads... need to keep them on topic lol
Mate hopefully you'll get that DX8 very soon, then you can plug and play and have a ball with the rest of us on the website.

Dirk you'd still get monsoonal type storms in summer wouldn't you?? Or I should say the rainy season, or are you further south, and like sydney get the 4 seasons?
I really want to make the trip to south africa one of these days

Dirk

Hi Jonathan,

I live to the very south of the country. We've lately been getting thunderstorms here which has never happened in the past. We do get 4 seasons in one day down here. Up north in the country is where the real thunderstorms happen!

Top Bottom