General XK K120

KLA

I have a bit of extra money just burning a hole in my pocket. I was thinking of buying an XK K120. It's about the same size as a Trex 150, has a BL main motor, coreless tail motor, CNC aluminum swash, rotor head and blade grips, 5mm CF tail boom and 3 rotary servos. Now, I know I don't really need it, but it's only $108 RTF delivered with a Futaba compatible computer TX. That seems like a pretty good deal. I already have a Blade NanoCPX and 3 Blade mCPX's so I got the micros covered in my fleet, but also was thinking of getting rid of all of my Blade micros cause they are basically outdated and thought that the K120 would be a viable replacement.

Anybody have any thoughts or experience with the XK K120?

KLA

I guess it's just a disease. Just wanted another heli. But I'm not gonna get it. Decided that I'm gonna get a new FBL unit for my 450 Pro instead. Was looking at either a Ikon/Brain or the Spartan Vortex vx1e but then I saw the EZNOV Neuron and it looks pretty nice. Just don't know much about it yet so I'm still doin some research. The EZNOV Neuron seems like it is pretty awesome, just haven't found much info on it yet. It supposedly has a 9 axis gyro (???) and a pretty good rescue mode. Don't know how they came up with a 9 axis gyro, but thats what the description says. I'll post a link to it so you can check it out.

- - - Updated - - -

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...771&category=182213&pm=1&ds=0&t=1471679802644

trainrider06

You just gotta be different don'tcha? Lol
I hear that Spartan Vortex is pretty nice, and pretty easy to set up also. Lotta people like that iKon though. But if you want something different I'd say that's different....:wink:

KLA

Different is nice! But in all honesty, I'll probably end up getting the Ikon or Spartan. They seem to have a better track record. Seems like some people like the Neuron and some don't. But haven't really decided yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, I gotta question, I think I've asked you before, but what are you doing awake at this time of day? Here in Pa its 4:55 am and in Texas it gotta be at least an hour behind so it would be 3:55 am there. I know I don't sleep much cause of my back problems. What's your excuse? Lol!!!

Last edited:

trainrider06

I don't know if the Spartan has the bailout on it, but I hear it's a fine FBL unit though! Myself I'd stick with a known proven unit. You can't go wrong on the ikon or Spartan...

trainrider06

Oh and yeah it's late as hell! But I ain't tired....:(
Plus I've been trying to finish this 450 up, and then decided what the heck, and did this....
image.jpeg
Had some tiny slop in my blade grips on the Align head, didn't like it, and couldn't get it out....soooo

image.jpeg

KLA

Lookin good, lookin good! You're gonna like the Tarot head. The only downfall is that the spindle is as soft as butter. Bends very easy. But they aren't expenaive at all so it might be a good idea to stock up on them if you get a chance.

I get all of my Tarot parts from Tarot RC in San Diego. I'll get you a link if you need it. They are great people, have good prices and great service. And their shipping times are pretty quick. If I place an order on monday, I usually get my order around Thursday or Friday. 4 days to get from San Diego to Pennsylvania is pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the link for Tarot RC:

https://tarot-rc-heli.com/

trainrider06

The only thing so far I don't like about this thing is the links, or the adjuster part, I had to take them all the way down or else I'd had play in it. Am gonna have to redo my BeastX too because I don't have 0 pitch at mid stick. Oh well I needed to set one up to keep me from forgetting how to do it...

KLA

The BeastX is so easy to set up. I didn't have to actually redo the setup but just went thru the centering and endpoint steps of the setup and made sure everything was up to par and working correctly. As far as the DFC links, I pretty much had to shorten them almost all the way to get the swash centered.

Top Bottom