450 Xfx Trex 450 Super Combo Maiden Flight Cheapest 450 Helicopter

Tony

Staff member
The Maiden Flight of the XFX 450! I was very reluctant in putting this thing in the air, but in this video, I do just that. But not without issues. So there will definitely be more videos of this helicopter.

SJCAM SJ5000X Elite - SJcam SJ5000X WIFI ELITE S ONY IMX078 GYRO 4K24 2K 2.0 Inch LCD Action Camera Novatek

Helicopter Combo - XFX Trex 450 V2 6CH RC Helicopter Super Combo

Emax Servos x1 - EMAX ES09MD Digital Swash Servo For 450 Helicopter With Metal Gear

Emax Servos x2 - 2PCS EMAX ES09MD Digital Swash Servo For 450 Helicopter With Metal Gear

Emax Servos x4 - 4Pcs EMAX ES09MD Digital Swash Servo For 450 Helicopter With Metal Gear

Blade Balancer - Almighty Propeller Balancer For Airplane 250-800 Helicopter

Receiver - REDCON CM703 2.4GHZ 7CH DSM2 DSMX Compatible Receiver With Satellite PPM PWM Output

Admiral

Hi Tony good honest review, it proves the old adage that "You get what you pay for" anybody thinking of buying this would find if they added the price of the required upgrades to the original price, they could buy a much better helicopter for the same money.

Tony

Staff member
That is exactly right Keith. By the time I'm done, I could have gotten a Tarot or something that needed nothing. I'm still a little torn on if it's worth it or not, but it's starting to lean towards the not worth it unless it's given to you lmao. Now if they had a kit that was stupid cheap without electronics, then that may just be worth it.

Tony

Staff member
So I went out to the studio today with the plans on setting up a VM for backup's, backing up the computer out there and then reinstalling the OS on the computer out there. While I was waiting on things to finish I pulled the head off of the XFX 450 and started to put the Tarot head on it, but the feathering shaft was bent. I checked the Align head and although I knew that shaft was bent, I checked anyway and wow was it ever bent. It was then I realized I was pretty much polishing a turd here. I ended up putting the metal bearing blocks, main shafts and everything else back in the bad and putting them back in the box.

This helicopter is just cheap which may be good for some people, but not for me. I just don't see putting this kind of time into that helicopter. So I'm going to put the stock head back on it and hang it on the wall where I highly doubt this heli will get any more flights in. It's just flat not worth it.

islrcr1

So I went out to the studio today with the plans on setting up a VM for backup's, backing up the computer out there and then reinstalling the OS on the computer out there. While I was waiting on things to finish I pulled the head off of the XFX 450 and started to put the Tarot head on it, but the feathering shaft was bent. I checked the Align head and although I knew that shaft was bent, I checked anyway and wow was it ever bent. It was then I realized I was pretty much polishing a turd here. I ended up putting the metal bearing blocks, main shafts and everything else back in the bad and putting them back in the box.

This helicopter is just cheap which may be good for some people, but not for me. I just don't see putting this kind of time into that helicopter. So I'm going to put the stock head back on it and hang it on the wall where I highly doubt this heli will get any more flights in. It's just flat not worth it.
Hello, I have some nice Align heli's and some Blade 400's and 450's I love the Align but I love to beat the Blade heli's, so cheap to fix, and if I kill it I can get another for free or real cheap...

Smoggie

Tony,
Sounds like you came to the same conclusion that I arrived at years ago in regard to the cheaper end of the clone heli market. They may be dirt cheap but they are cheap for good reason i.e. they are low quality.
When you put so much of your own valuable time into a heli build then IMHO you are short changing yourself to go ultra cheap on the hardware. In the longer run it doesn't usually work out cheaper anyway. You just need one of those low quality components to fail and the cost of crash repairs soon outweighs any saving you thought you were making, not to mention the downtime, hassle and frustration involved in constant repairs

Not all clones fall into the same bucket, some such as ALZRC or Tarot are really good, so I'm not 'ant-clone' just 'anti low quality'.

ChopDrifter

what ever keeps you interested in the hobby, go for it, as long as your still in the game is all that matters.If it means dabbling in main brands go for it, or for some going back to reasonable clone stuff just to stay in the game. What ever it takes. I've seen so many pilots come and gone, and I mean many. I'm sure most experience the same...

Tony

Staff member
The only reason I did this review was because 1. it was sent to me 2. it didn't cost me anything to do it and 3. people are going to purchase this helicopter and I would like to get the "HONEST" word out there of what it is like. You all know me, I don't care if it was sent to me for free, I'm giving an honest review. And as long as people are going to purchase these clones, I'm going to keep doing reviews on them.

But to be perfectly honest, I don't even think I'm going to put a new head on it and try to make it better. I think I'm going to leave it as it is, a very cheap helicopter which falls under the category of you get what you pay for. I am going to remove the emax servos though and put them on the new heli that is going to replace the SE V2 that I killed in a crash.

Top Bottom