Xcanopy Review From NexRc!!

Tony

Staff member
I had the privilege of receiving these great looking canopies and thought I would do a review on them. I will let the video do the explaining, but lets just say, I like these and when they get some more in for my 600, I will be getting one for that one as well!

XCanopy Review From NexRc - YouTube

Derek

Sweet! I'll check out the video later on but I am shopping for new canopies for my 450 and 500. I want something brighter.

Slobberdog

Nice Tony, but the thing that I was wondering about, you got a 130x on you bench, have you turned to the dark side,

Tony

Staff member
Nope, that is Matt's 130x, not mine. Had to borrow it to test that canopy lol. And it fits perfectly and is stronger than the stock canopy.

Derek

It was a good video, Tony! Too bad there aren't any canopies available for a Trex 450 Pro DFC, 500e, nor 600e Pro DFC.

Bummer!

Tony

Staff member
The 450 Pro DFC should be the same thing as the Pro V2. Unless they changed the mounting positions. Your 450 is a Pro V2 that you purchased from me, so all of the canopies that you see in the video will work. I'm not sure about the 600 but I do know you cna run a nitro canopy on an electric model. There is just more space in front of the main shaft for the starter.

Kevin, it was a pleasure doing this video. Had a lot of fun even though it was about 110ºF in that studio lol. And I"m not exaggerating. Going to have to find a new place for my studio for a while until this winter. But I love these canopies. They will be in any and all flight videos I do with the helicopters, including the last videos for the flight school.

Derek

I'm sure all the canopies will work, with the exception that they say V2 on them. If they just said Trex 450 Pro, I could live with that...but they say Trex 450 Pro V2.

The canopy that I got from you says Trex 450 Pro and that's fine with me.

Tony

Staff member
Got a canopy on the way for the 600N. Going to enjoy destroying that Turnigy canopy! Yup, there will be a video on it!

murankar

Staff member
It would be nice to see it get broke the right way, but that would cost to much money.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
Yep and i dont think sponsorship would cover that kind of bill. Mybe he can find a good deal on a new motor or possibly a gasser conversion.

I just thought of a gasser conversion. I know the nitro gives you headaches, would unleaded fuel do the same?

Doing a gasser conversion would be great video series.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Yes, I can't even use a 2 stroke engine for a weedeater. I have to use a 4 stroke weed eater.

I had someone that wanted to buy the 600N and I thought about it then get a 550 electric or something. But, the last time I tried to do this everyone lost their damn minds so I will just keep it on the shelf.

murankar

Staff member
I know with the gassers you can burn Coleman fuel. Would that have the same effect.

Tony

Staff member
Well, here is the thing though. For the cost of a gasser conversion, I could just get a 550 super combo. Or even a 600 super combo so that I can keep my canopy and blades and such.

Top Bottom