450 X3l Won't Lift Off

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there. I decided to take the Gaui X3L for it's first flight. Didn't go well. I took all the electronics of my Gaui X3 and installed them in my X3L. I was running 6S 1200 mAh with my HW 60a esc in the X3 but now I'm using 3S 2200mAh on it. Using my programming box, I had the esc set up for the 6s cell battery. My question is, do I have to set up the esc for 3S battery now because I can powered up the heli but it won't get of the ground. It's like the heli has no power even though my batteries are completely charged. I went back and put everything back to default on the esc and still I have no get up and go. I'm not sure if I'm explaining my self correctly but I hope someone can point me in the right direction. It's been awhile that I've played with the programming box and not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Tony

Staff member
If your motor is made for 6s, and you are only running it on 3s, you are not getting near enough rpm out of the motor to make that helicopter fly, and your amp draw will be quite a bit higher. A 6s motor is going to need a 6s battery.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, 1580kv is definitely a 6s motor. Basically right now you just don't have enough voltage to spin that motor fast enough to produce lift. Definitely time to order a 6s pack for that heli.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Never mind. I goofed up. I thought the motor was a 3S/6S. It's just 6S. I was getting antsy and wanted to fly. I'll just have to wait for my new batteries to come in. Thanks Tony.

Tony

Staff member
That is the same motor as linked above, but that motor you have now is rated to 385mm blades. And it will run on a 3s (as you saw) you just have to gear the crap out of it to get enough rpm in the head to spin fast enough to produce lift. And that kind of gearing is going to be extremely hard on the electronics since it will be drawing more amperage. Lower the voltage, higher the amperage, higher the voltage, lower the amperage.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeah, sorry about the same link. My bad :( I'll just wait for the batteries to arrive for the 3XL. So idecided to take the coastguard heli for a flight instead to get rid of the itch for the time being. Video soon :)

murankar

Staff member
Also not sure if it got answered, yes you have to set the esc s so it knows the lvc of your packs and I think for the governor.

Anyhow, i think you can manually set the esc 's lvc anyways.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there URI. Happy new year to you and your family. My motor is a 6S motor so like Tony mention, just wait for my 6S batteries to come in. Just a few more days and I'll be airborne :).

RandyDSok

Hey there URI. Happy new year to you and your family. My motor is a 6S motor so like Tony mention, just wait for my 6S batteries to come in. Just a few more days and I'll be airborne :).

He was just trying to remind you that two 3S batteries if connected in series is equal to one 6S battery... Obviously if you understood that and was just waiting anyway that's cool... just didn't want to see a misunderstanding happen if I could clear that up.

Tony

Staff member
Oh I see, Randy "clears things up" for everyone else, but busts my ba***.... I see how things go around here lmao.

Tony

Staff member
That reminds me, I need to ask her to take them out of her purse so I can respond to that statement... Please stand by....

Top Bottom