450 X3 Interesting findings

murankar

Staff member
I just discovered that the X3 has a hidden modification i did not know about till just now. I was going through the parts list on the TSA Gaui site just to see what all they have as replacements. Of course they have all the parts needed and a few extra. The extra parts convert the X3 from torque tube to belt drive. It appears to be a 2 stage transmission. Not sure how much the whole setup is but I think the main drive gear is $11 for a set of 2 and the boom is different along with the tail output shaft. Everything is sold is sets of 2 except the belt (i think, didnt check it out fully).

I thought some of you might want to know that. Not sure if they are kitting it as a belt either.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay looking at the entire setup. Everything needed will include:

Drive gear
Belt
2 Pulleys and bearings
Tail boom
tail push rod
Tail output shaft with gear

It looks like it will be about a $50 modification with buying the conversion pack. With the conversion pack it will be about $26 bucks. Not to bad I guess but I am liking the torque tube setup better.

danhampson

it would be worth having a the conversion as a crash kit. And it sounds like a really good price for those parts

murankar

Staff member
It would the only things missing are the boom supports and the rear gear box. Only problem is i am starting to like torque tubes a lot more.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom