450 X-cell Furion 450

murankar

Staff member
I started looking at the PDF instructions on the build. It looks like it is going to be a longer build that I thought it would be. I am trying to figure out how I am going to run the setup process. I noticed that in the setup section of the build they want cyclic pitch to be +-7 degrees. This is a flybar setup, so should I be concerned about this? If I should try and set this how would I go about doing this? The PDF said to use the endpoints to adjust accordingly. The last issue I may have is running the cables after installing the electronics along with RX placement. I am concidering on using my 6 channel RX since it binds with my TX. Will see how this goes.

The Build instructions, which I have read many times already is setup logical order. I may deviate a little bit depending on how it builds.

Yesterday I ordered the last bit of odds and ends for the build i.e. Gyro mounting tape, velcro, a towel to build on and pitch setup tools for this bird. The Pitch gauge set has two one for the blades and both are used for the flybar paddles and the last piece is a flybar lock.

murankar

Staff member
I just spoke with customer service at a min hobbies. I want to see if they were tracking a restock date. So far they are not tracking one, but while I was at the site I noticed that the other heli I was looking at is back in stock. I actually contemplated getting the MS Heli Mini Protos just because it is in stock. Then I re-looked at and realized how much plastic it has on it. Not only that my motor shaft [I think] would have to be converted to 3.5mm for the pinion. So I think at this time I will continue to wait. Gosh I hate waiting.

Lee

I have also thought about getting a Protos, but the larger carbon one. No new toys though till i know whats happening to us over this winter work wise.

murankar

Staff member
I saw the 500 too. I almost settled on it too, then i saw the price. -->IF <-- I decide on a 500 I may just stick with an Align just because it would be way cheaper for me. Speaking of the Protos 500 I think it has more carbon and metal versus the mini. The plastic parts on the mini are the main blade grips, tail grips and tail box. If I am going to spend that kind of cash then I want all the critical parts to be metal or at a minimum carbon fiber.

- - - Updated - - -

Update, A main hobbies has the Protos 500 on sale for $224.99. It's a shame I cant afford all the electronics for it.

murankar

Staff member
I have not had the best of luck ordering heli kits. As of right now I have been waiting on ordering the furion and at this point I cant wait any longer. I have to get back in the air. So in desparation I emailed a main hobbies to get some clairification on something and once again I am back at the bouncing game I was playing months ago.

So about the e-mail I sent, I had to get conformation on my motor working on the MSH Protos mini. THey informed it will but I still don't know what the pinion bore size is. My shaft is 3.17mm and I know that Scorpion makes a 3.5mm shaft for my motor. If anyone can find this info that I could not find that would be great. All the sites that I could find mention the specs on the pinion. If I can get this info then I could have this on order by the end of the weekend.

Top Bottom