250 Wrong Parts for 250 pro DFC

As many of you know I crashed last week and had to order some parts. I have been hanging all week waiting for the parts to come in and yesterday they did. Come to find out that I ordered the wrong size ball for my servo horn......:duh:

Now I am new to helicopters but I have RC trucks for many years and I am not new to online ordering of parts. In the outstanding Align manual they tell you that you need a #0x1.8 ball for the servo horn. So I punched that in on the parts site and added product to cart. Come to find out I either did not read the parts thorough enough or maybe their manual sucks. Or perhaps a little of both. So long story short I re-ordered the right part and now have to wait until Monday or Tuesday to fly...

On the plus side the F1 race season has started, and I just completed another course towards my software engineering degree, making only 10 classes left to graduate.

I just wanted to share my heart break of ordering the wrong size ball for my servo. If anyone has similar stories please share so I dont feel so ...........Rookie........

I will be building the heli with the parts I have sometime this weekend and I will post pictures of the process.

Admiral

Hi Scott, don't you just hate that the expectation followed by the disappointment, luckily for me after a few years flying helicopters I've accumulated enough spares that I've nearly always got the smaller items on hand. The F1 should be a distraction for you though, I missed the practice yesterday but will catch qualifying today and the race tomorrow, good luck with the build, look forward to the pictures.

Lee

I'm sure we've all ordered the wrong size parts in the past. I know i have :D
Can't wait for the first race of the season. Lets see what these new cars can do.

Ya live and learn with the parts issue, it is ok It gives me more sim time and that cant be bad for a beginner.

As far as F1 is concerned, well the cars sure sound different now with the turbos, no more screaming as they pass by, and just about every team is having some major problems in both days of practice. I think it will make for an interesting start to the season. I have seen many cars that as soon as they stop for a period of time start smoking......

Top Bottom