Wow It has been a long time - Hey Guys and Gals!

Westy

LEGEND
Hey all,

Been off for a long long time now .... just noticed that I have not been had the correct email address logged in... Os that has all changed now!

What ya all been up to ?

I still flying my Goblin 630 but not a lot. Probably flown 2 times in the last 5 months.

Whats the goss?

treff

Hi Westy nice to hear from you again. Not the one for goss but did you hear about.................................................lol
All the best from a wet and windy Wales. Hope your keeping well mate.

Westy

LEGEND
yep all is good here .... just coming into Summer.... got high winds and unpredictable weather as the season comes out of Autumn... into summer. But that will not worry the Goblin though as it is still as rock solid as ever!

How is the flying going?

Stambo

Westy, where you been bud.
What's been happening.
Lot's has changed with me, I now have an AXN and I have discovered MiniQuads.
That 500 hasn't seen the sky for ages.
Check out my youtube for some flights. :)
Good to see you back, hopefully a bit more active this time.
We missed ya. :)

murankar

Staff member
Bout time you came back. I needed you a few times. In fact we still have a user who needs help flashing his taranis back to stock firmware. He upgraded it and lost the templates.

Any moved back to Ohio, the land of crappy winters. Gaui is down and need some 12g cyclic servos for it.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

pvolcko

Hi Westy! Into the Fall here. Weather is turning and flying days are already getting more scarce.

At the moment none of my usual helis are flying due to crash damage. TRex 700 is repaired and awaiting re-setup of swash and whatnot. Goblin 500 is getting a replacement ESC (Castle honored warranty 2 months beyond the warranty period!). Turns out it has been reading current flow all wrong the whole time I've had it, but my flying and settings have only now progressed to the point where it was an issue, causing unexpected shutdowns mid flight. Also need to replace the swash due to a bad auto-rotation landing attempt. Blade 550X has been solid up until a day or two ago when I lost orientation in a simple hover (canopy off, wall of black from frame to tail on a overcast, windy day did me in) and put it in. Luckily I managed to level it and bleed off a bunch of lateral speed and headspeed before it hit. Main blade and some links the only damage from the looks of it so far.

Picked up a used Blade 300CFX so at least I have that to fly at the moment. Also have the Goblin 700 but I don't really fly it much. More of a mantle piece. Need to track down a shuddering sound I hear now and again when I fly it. May just be a cracked canopy vibrating against things. Or the belt is loose. Not sure, but it worries me so I only take it out every few months.

My quad build (QAV500) that i started over the past winter will be starting up again and getting completed.

What's been keeping you away from us? :)

Derek

Hi there, Westy! Glad to see you checking in! I was thinking about you and your Goblin, just the other day. I hope you are doing well.

Several months ago, I bought a Trex 450 Pro DFC from Tony and I've been flying the skids off it for quite some time. Only 1 crash to date and it was only about $25 in damage. Not bad. My 500 is down for now. Not all sure whats wrong with it but I'll get back to it. My Trex 600 Pro DFC is behaving spectacularly and I'm loving this machine. I'm trying to fly as often as I can but I have a 10 month old little girl now. She demands my time, periodically, and I give it to her, lol. She awesome! We have the winter months just around the corner but I'm going to fly fly fly when I can.

Take care buddy!!!

Westy

LEGEND
hey guys .... wow lots of news ..... good to hear all the action!

Sorry I was not here for you guys.

Graham Lawrie

Hi Westy:) glad to have you back. Used your videos a few times this year:)

I have the 150 which has been an epic journey but now fun.
Moved away from the 3gx to the AR7200 BX on my 450 it is solid.
Bought an MHS Brain (basically an Ikon) which is on my Trex 550 and is solid.
My Trex 600 has had a makeover DFC Head and a new Spartan Vortex 1e which is solid .
Just bought a mini quad which is being built but had a FC problem on rotor 2 output so waiting for a replacement. Got a Mobius camera for it which is cool :)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and have you seen the Soko levelling tool:)

Lee

Dude!!!!
Where you been???
I sent you messages on skype, never heard a thing.
Glad to see you are still alive and kicking.
I joined the Goblin family with a 570. SICK MACHINE!!!!!! :D
Just finished a mini quad. Awesome fun.
Warp 360 is in the hospital. Had to do an inverted landing the other day when a tail bearing exploded during a very low piroflip.
Only damage after landing on the head, was the bearing that exploded :D Strong little bugger.
Saw you on last night and tried to say hello on skype, but you weren't on.
Don't be a stranger :)
Cheers.

treff

You mentioned the flying,,,,,,,,,,what flying. I got a Agile 5.5 and so far I'm still in the nightmare,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,awaiting spares. One thing though
about this heli it's going to last for ever. It never gets more than a few feet off the ground before something goes wrong lol. Send
some of that Summer over here. IT started raining a few weeks ago and is expected to stop some time next June lol

danhampson

Nice to see you back Westy.
I'm still flying at the moment I've got a trex 150, trex 550 dfc and have been doing a bit of fixed wing (which is taking over).
Looking forward to some videos of your gobin again mate.
Speak to you soon.

Westy

LEGEND
hey guys ... Good to hear you all been busy while I was away and some of you enjoyed my vids ...... I plan on doing a lot more flying this season.
Been doing my piro circles and they are getting smooth as silk ......

boo YA!

Stambo

hey guys ... Good to hear you all been busy while I was away and some of you enjoyed my vids ...... I plan on doing a lot more flying this season.
Been doing my piro circles and they are getting smooth as silk ......

boo YA!

Don't believe you, no video. :p

Top Bottom