General Would these parts work on the Rc-help trainer?

PeachFuzz

CostSolar Servo A106 Analog 9g 0.12@4.8v Micro Servo *
[remove]
$3.60 $14.40

Sky Lipo 1600mAh 11.1V 40C *
[remove]
$15.95 $15.95

Dynam Motor ESC Combo BM2815A-KV1100+30A ESC for RC Planes *
[remove]
$29.00 $29.00

EXI 10*4.7 Prop *
[remove]
$3.00 $3.00

- - - Updated - - -

This is from hobbypartz.com btw

Tony

Staff member
Your going to have to post links to what you are looking at. Just the motor I came up with a few different results. Post up some links and we will let you know.

Tony

Staff member
I need the links so that I can see all fo the specs and read the reviews and such.

PeachFuzz

Tony

Staff member
The servo and motor should work. I would use APC props though, they are just better, but with that said, that prop will work. You may have to drill it out for it to fit the shaft, but that is normal. The battery is not big enough though. You will need at least a 2200 3s if not a 2650. This plane needs the nose weight. And, it will give you longer flight times.

I would use the DX6i, it's a better Tx IMO. And with either of them, you can run teh Y on the ailerons if you wish, or you could just run one in the aileron port, and the other in the Aux1 port. Make sure to set your wing type to the correct setting depending on what way you want to do it. I suggest dual ailerons as it's easier to setup. But, if you have slideable links, or collets on the servos, then you can just use that to adjust them with the Y and only have one wire to plug in when you put the wing on.

Hope this helps.

PeachFuzz

And by dual ailerons What is the advantage of dual ailerons being plugged into two separate channels rather than hooking them with a y harness and plugging only it into the aileron channel

Tony

Staff member
It's easier to fine tune each aileron with subtrim. If you are using a Y, then you can only do it mechanically. Either way will work, I just prefer the dual aileron method myself.

Tony

Staff member
Minimal. Your Tx will take care of it. You will not put anything in the Mix menu of the Tx. When you are setting up the model, there is a wing/tail menu, in there is where you will pick your wing and tail.

Top Bottom