Would anyone like to help test a new forum version?

Tony

Staff member
I have been working on a new forum for the past couple of months, but two sets of eyes are just not enough.

I am needing some people to help test it out and report on what they think of the new site. This is a site that I setup a while back, so the posts are pretty old, but it's a direct update from this forum. So things are going to look familiar, but different.

Please let me know what you think about the new site, the speed, the functionality, what you would change on the theme, what needs to be fixed, posting, and so on. I need people to run completely through the entire site, forum, articles, blogs creating new thread, everywhere.

When you have a question, post up a new thread in the very first section that you see in the main forum. Please create your own threads in this section. Don't worry about post :):):):):):):) this test site, it's all going ot be deleted.

Try to log in with the same username and password that you have on here. If you had an account when I set this site up, you should be able to log in. If you can't log in, create a new username, but please keep it the same as you have on here so I know who is posting.

Don't be shy about telling me what is wrong with teh site. I need honest feedback on it.

If you would like to help out, click on the link below.
http://new.forum.rc-help.com

Thanks in advance for the help.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Tony, I'll start the ball rolling by saying i like the this thread style vs the new site. Just my opinion. Have a good day! :)

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
What about the new site do you not like?

That would help. This site seem to me that the orange/black color contrast in the back ground is more inviting then the blue and white. The letter also seems to stand out. Overall there very close to each other. I'm not sure if this will help you any or not.

Tony

Staff member
Blue and white? Can you capture a screen shot of what you are talking about. I have that site set up for almost the same theme as is on here.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
The little blue caption on the side. I really should of thought about this more before I gave my input, sorry!

Tony

Staff member
Never say yoru sorry. I appreciate all feedback that I can get.

Are you talking about this blue? If so, that is just the color on the stickies to let you know they are in fact, a sticky post. If this is not the post, I would really like to see what you are seeing.

blue.jpg

blue.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Never say yoru sorry. I appreciate all feedback that I can get.

Are you talking about this blue? If so, that is just the color on the stickies to let you know they are in fact, a sticky post. If this is not the post, I would really like to see what you are seeing.

View attachment 13950
Yes Sir, that's what I'm talking about. I'm not very good at explain things to others. The orange/Black capture my attention and probably others.

Tony

Staff member
It's all good bro. If you have a look at the other parts of the forum, you will see how the regular structure is setup. It's a lot like this forum, but different in some ways. I will see what I can do to find another color to test out on the stickies. Thanks again for your input. This is exactly what I'm looking for.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks to D.O.G., I have changed teh background color of the stickies. It's now a lighter gray color to keep with the theme.

I have been working all morning on the theme of the site and trying to get everything looking like it should. I would greatly appreciate it if you would head over there and post up on what you think.

Because of recent issues with teh current forum, I am seriously considering updating this forum next weekend to the new forum. But I really need everyone's opinion on the new site before I do so.

RandyDSok

On a quick run through...

Posted a dupe of my latest post here on there... did fine
Looked at the Articles ... did fine
Looked at the Blogs and again... fine
Posted a smart azz comment in one of your blogs... fine

Only thing I found on the quick visit...

Go to Members List and click on "Last Visit" to sort on that field and it doesn't seam to sort by date. The other fields sort both ascending and descending correctly from what I was seeing.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, your right. It's showing it in a list of the username, and not by the date. This could be a minor bug that is coded into the software, or I could need to rebuild something. I will see what I can do.

So far, it seems pretty stable to me. Matt is saying that it looks like crap on the ipad, but I don't have a mobile version installed for that platform. I will be working on that soon.

What do you think about the speed of the site?

Tony

Staff member
I went in and did some updating and rebuilding, and nothing seemed to help. I will report this and see what happens.

RandyDSok

That's certainly a minor one... I wouldn't have even thought of it had I not been trying to click on everything I could

callsign4223

Staff member
Smilies aren't showing up right when you go to select them. You only get the :SmileyName: instead of a picture of the actual smiley.

Tony

Staff member
Fixed the smiley issue. Simple fix. The image folder is in a different location on this version.

And what do you mean can't clear messages? Where? Up top where it comes with a red box with a number in it?,

Tony

Staff member
Could be a setting that I'm over looking. I will work on that here in a bit. Have to get out in this crap and go to the store real quick.

Overall, what do you think of the site?

Top Bottom