Batteries Would Any Body Want To Know How To Make There Own Battery Packs

would any body be up to learn how to make there own battery packs after the first of the year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chevell69

Banned
i am just wondering if any body be up to learn how to make there own battery packs after the holidays thinking about putting a set of youtube vids on the topic and how to do it . please respond to poll thanks and hope u have clear skys and clear roads

Geena

Staff member
I don`t think it would be practical ( for me, that is) to make my own packs. But I like knowledge, and it would be kinda cool to learn how to do it.

RandyDSok

I'd love to see how to mix up the chemicals used to actually make a lipo pack... and then charging for the first time...

... not so much just a vid about soldering some cells together which is rather so decades old with nihm's and nicad's ( same thing, only difference is the cell chemistry )... :D

PS... Some users probably shouldn't even try putting a hot iron close to a lipo and risk starting a fire

Tony

Staff member
I have to agree with Randy here. Soldering them in series or parallel to get a pack is very easy to do. The issue is getting matched cells that will work together. And one slip of the iron and you now have a fire on your hands. Batteries these days are so cheap, there is really no reason to have to build your own anymore. Unlike when I started and you had to build your own packs with matched cells that had been put on a dyno to match them.

chevell69

Banned
I have to agree with Randy here. Soldering them in series or parallel to get a pack is very easy to do. The issue is getting matched cells that will work together. And one slip of the iron and you now have a fire on your hands. Batteries these days are so cheap, there is really no reason to have to build your own anymore. Unlike when I started and you had to buildat but your own packs with matched cells that had been put on a dyno to match them.
here is the deal tony not every one can aford to just go out and buy battery packes they tend to get costy and what not but i am not talking bout just soldering batterys to gather and charging them. if we dive in the chem of the battery and get to the dirty grite about batter chem and how charging afects the cell over time then i think that what should people learn

chevell69

Banned
I'd love to see how to mix up the chemicals used to actually make a lipo pack... and then charging for the first time...

... not so much just a vid about soldering some cells together which is rather so decades old with nihm's and nicad's ( same thing, only difference is the cell chemistry )... :D

PS... Some users probably shouldn't even try putting a hot iron close to a lipo and risk starting a fire
i understand what u you said randy but some people like my self who want to get in the hobby but can alway aford the packs. yes i agree with u and tony some degree but this hobby. but i was looking to get traxxas slash 2wd and the lipo battery for it was 46 bucks that is for one battery i think i will make my own battery packs because what i can build one is cheaper than what u can can by from the hobby shop

chevell69

Banned
I don`t think it would be practical ( for me, that is) to make my own packs. But I like knowledge, and it would be kinda cool to learn how to do it.
geena know how and thee infor is half the battel girl but as much you fly i think that you be better off buying your battery packs hey btw geena is andrew from the live youtube chat

chevell69

Banned

what you mean that u love to see how to mix up the chem i dont think that i understand

Top Bottom