Projects WOT NEXT Aileron Trainer/sport plane

Gerald

Well I found this plane on rcgroups by a guy named "how much" from the UK back in 2011, the thread is still active.
"WOT NEXT" a 34" span depron Aileron trainer/sport model - RC Groups
I built the pane with DTFB and followed the build very closely. My only big change was the main wing where I went with a KFM2 and no spars. I also used a clothes iron ( my wonderful wife bought for me) to seal the edges of the foam, works great by the way! The length tip to tail 29", wing span 34" cord 8 1/8" rear wing 14" span cord 5 1/2"
I used a Hobby King Donkey ST2204 1550 KV with a 18 amp esc and a 7x4 prop. The plane is built for a 1000 Mah battery that balances it perfectly.
It is an amazing flying plane, my only thought on the maiden flight was WOW it is just amazing, I was speechless! I have 6 full flights on it, when you go to land it, it just floats in, you can roll it, flip it, invert it, loop it inside and outside, I think it will knife edge but I cant do that move yet!
I did a cruddy marker coloring job on it so I could tell which way was up! because the first time I flew it, it was all white and the sky was whitish grey, almost a big screw up there! Now I know which way is up with the color!
So sorry no video I don't have any one to shoot it and I ain't about to one hand pilot this little slice of heaven to get any.

View attachment 11707
View attachment 11708
View attachment 11709
View attachment 11710

Top Bottom