Worst day i have had in a year.... :(

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Went to the field with

450 pro
Vibe 50
P-51 nitro

Start with 450 pro:::: spool it up,,, go to idle up and I hear like an explosion.. Next thing I realize heli is in the ground... BLADES EXPLODED!!!!!! Someone got it in video... I saw it later ... Asked him to share it.. Hopefully he will... Literally both blades exploded out of the head withinh 20 seconds.. I had a failed auto a while back..checked over everything looked ok... Blades might have taken it harder that I thought on soft soil... Well... All shafts are bent.. ALL! So that was a fail within 10 minutes of entering the field..

Take the p-51 set it up, fuel her. And start her up... Beautiful startup.. Tuned her... Awesome.. Get on the runway... Takeoff abd realize its still tail heavy... Anywaz... Still I keep it up... Flying around trimming it... Sounds amazing!!!! Time to land... Three attempts... Finally get her slow enough, abd realize u am out of runway... Punch the throttle... Being tail heavy it stalls then gains airspeed then a wing stalls and noses into the ground... Ughh!!!

Found out that the plane is pretty strong ...

Inspected it fully opened it..
All I lost is a prop and a nicked fuel line... Everything else is like untouched!! That Was a happy thing but I got laughed at too.. Heehee .. I laughed with cause stuff happens.

Vibe 50: this one disappoints me in a whole different way... Last trip to the field flying three tanks I realize the engine came down too hot ... I turn the engine I have very less compression... Cane home last weekend and checked abd the ring was shiny shiny.. Lol meant there was a leak and engine was leaning out. Autopsy revealed that the tank grommet / seal was not doing very well.. Well.. Got my kinetic's engine out and threw it into the vibe... Was very hopeful to fly it as I had worked on it all week.
The engine had too much compression and the drill just won't turn it. I was like WHAT!!! Either the engine was hydrolocked or the drill's battery was low.. Whatever it was tried and tried couldn't get it to turn... Defeated I returned home.... Saddest day ever !!!!

Man! Lots of work to do now. :/

Anywaz.. Part of it... How was your day... ?

Adam

Oh about the same Trex crash landed not on vid lol picture in flight story thread and here in a little bit you will get a good laugh at my rc help trainer videos yes videos. Anyways as long as we repair them and go back at her is what counts. And i cant stop laughing at my day so hold your head up.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
My 450 hurt ... You see the left out blade roots.... Lol

image-2948695933.jpg

Ok... And I had bought theses blades from eBay... Hadn't opened them till now as I didn't crash that much. So now that I just opened these to get a pair for the heli.. This is what I noticed.. And the cog is nowhere close on blades, weight goes from 28.5 to 32.5 gms

image-1957917003.jpg

Man I hate these blades.. Donot buy from eBay!!! Please!!

I do say this. I diss exi frames and what not all day long, but I love ... LOVE !! Their blades .. The carbon fibre blades are stiff and cog is spot on, and weight always between .03-.04 gms delta...

I found 2 blades around each other's weight and cog on the eBay blades .. Right length too. So I'll use these till I order better blades from hobbypartz or lhs..

image-2948695933.jpg

image-1957917003.jpg

Tony

Staff member
The Vibe was telling you it didn't want to fly. you had already crashed two other aircraft and it wasn't going to do it, NO WAY hahaha. As for the shiny ring, that means you have a good seal. If you see any black on the outer edge of the ring, that is when you have issues. But no compression is no compression. But I thought you sold one of your nitro heli's?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
No haven't sold it...

New Ring is black.. Shiny means hot run atleast in OS 50 hyper .... So low not no compression.. :)

murankar

Staff member
My last 7 days in country will be flightless. had the heli in the air once since I got all the new parts on it, except the motor. Check out the H.H. Revolution blades, they are $36 for the 325mm blades. Mine were spot on out of the box, well just shy of weight no scale yet.

so tonight I will be doing a storage charge on the batteries and packing her up for the 16 hour journey. Any open space in the case will be filled with soft clothing to help me get more home and to help add extra padding to the heli.

stokke

That sucks, Gaba!
When I saw the pic of your boom I was like; "****"!

Re-build, and get back out there :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I did!! Hahaha! 450 is back up again! Flew three batteries.

Blades are 12 gms heavier total.. So that makes things a but more sluggish and also makes the blades noisier.. But hey it autoed this time as the blades were heavy heehee

Top Bottom