Work and Fun

Adam

Look what just showed up today gabas motor and esc to rebuild the hk and my mcpx yay. A little problem on the mcpx i ordered the one with 3 hyperions and they gave me the package with 5 tenergy's i emailed the seller power hobby but oh well now i have 9 batts in total lol. there will be a maiden tonight for sure lol
20120924_201412.jpg

20120924_201412.jpg

Adam

yes thanks gaba but can you believe all the research I did on batts and they gave me the wrong one lol

Adam

Ok so i am a packer fan of course from wisconsin i need to rant here a little bit. New NFL rule an offensive player doesnt need to catch the ball for a touchdown he only needs to catch the defensive player that caught it. Im done with NFL. Anywho here is the maiden and i accidentally had the ceiling fan on not good lol but this thing is wild
[video=youtube_share;NxzHM16NJa8]http://youtu.be/NxzHM16NJa8[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

I have pitch at 75 but i did not adjust the servo arms i will definately be doing that. the packer game was on tonight so didnt get much time. that was with the tenergy 250mah 25c and the video is 4 min long so i dont think an exchange is necessary i do have two batts like what tony has but this thing is one hell of a machine more training is needed lol. what a rush

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so power hobby has responded back and said they would ship me a hyperion batt or refund $7 and of course i took the battery so now the battery count is at 10 batts for this thing lol. Two stock five tenergy two turnigy and one hyperion. Luck luck luck i can now show the difference in batts if i need to lol

Adam

thanks gaba and yes I will be careful of the tv lol. on a side note I crashed this once already and the main gear popped off lol popped it back on checked for play and wouldn't u know it like brand new. can't wait to try this outside and in the gym.

- - - Updated - - -

and yes this thing does not like burbur carpet

Tony

Staff member
The first time I spooled mine up was on carpet and no, they don't like it. Ended up losing a link lol.

And get used to that main gear slipping down. Everything has a limit, and that main gear is a big reason why nothing breaks on these birds. If you notice a loss of lift, check the main gear.

Adam

So i kind of know how tony feels i so badly want to take this thing outside cause i want to try inverted te he. But i have been working more lately and by the time i get home its dark so i am just flying it in oval and figure 8s in the house to get better control and orientation so far so good. I also took the servo arms off and lengthened them which i think i have it dialed in perfect. 10 flights indoor one crash and there isnt even a scratch on this thing. In alot of tony's videos you will hear him say the mcpx is one of the best helis ever i should have gotten this thing along time ago. And it scares the wife so that is even better:smiley_simmons:

Tony

Staff member
Don't be afraid of some wind with that heli. Just look at the brushless maiden video I did. Yes, it was blown around pretty good and almost crashed when I was inverted, twice... but it landed safely. It's a great heli just make sure you have your pitch setup correctly. Fold the blades the same direction and make sure you are at 0º at mid, then check for positive and negative. On this heli you will use a ruler to measure the pitch, just make sure you have the same spacing each direction. You don't want to happen that happened to me with Matt's mcpx lmao. I flipped that bird over, full negative and it was still falling hahaha. I tried to run out and catch it inverted but couldn't get there fast enough. Flipped it back over, adjusted the pitch and went again lmao.

Top Bottom