Micro Wooo Whooo!!! Got a MCP-X V2

yardner

3A5F5E5C-FA21-4862-BC82-18371E81D3EB-6412-0000081BA5B14F89_zpsd2adc6e1.jpg
+ 4 250 mha batteries.
Could someone help me with this? I'm a noob, so i'm just hovering around and such... But the Tail keeps drifting to the Left... now i'm its not talking about blowing out the tail, it just keeps drifting to the (tail left / nose to the right) and it seems i'm always giving it Right tail rotor corrcetion when i'm hovering around in my garage. Whats up with that???

And one more question if I may? can someone show me what to buy or where to go so i can peralel charge the 1s batteries. I bought these thinking it was what i needed, but they don't. :disgust::disgust::disgust:
Products Matching tmextrmpb3 - A Main Hobbies
Products Matching bht-chrg-jstx4 - A Main Hobbies

thanks

yardner - texas

3A5F5E5C-FA21-4862-BC82-18371E81D3EB-6412-0000081BA5B14F89_zpsd2adc6e1.jpg

xokia

For parallel charging I use something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hyperion-6-...racter_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item51a7cadaaa This requires that you have a decent litium polymer charger and not the stock charger.

For the drifting check your trim make sure they are centered. The little boxes in the menu screen on the remote should be black. Better yet go in the menu and turn the trim settings off. You dont need trim with flybarless helicopters. That would be my initial guess.

Lee

Also check that theres nothing caught around the tail shaft. Hairs can get tied around there. And don't let the tail blades get pushed too far onto the shaft. This can also cause the motor to strain. Make sure the tail blades aren't bent. make sure they are straight and give them a little tweek once in a while to increase the blades pitch to give them more authority.

yardner

Ok thanks xokia, will give these a look. Just got confused on the PECO/UMX connectors on which was which.

My tx should be setup right, per the mcpx manual. I was wondering if maybe I might have hit the trim switches on the radio by mistake and caused it to get out of balance?

But really am liking this bird, fun to fly. Now just have to resist buying a bunch of upgrades when I’m ordering parts.

Thanks

Mark – Texas

- - - Updated - - -

yeah Lee, i did think about that and i put on the replacement tail rotor that came with the kit to see if that was the trouble. i mean, its not awful, its just seems to always slowly drift to the left when gently hovering it around.

gota get that paraboard....

thanks

Tony

Staff member
Everything that Lee stated is exactly what I was going to say. Common issue for these things. From what I hear, the KBDD tail blades are worth the money since they are stronger. However, save your money and just stick with the stock main blades. The stockers are much stronger and stiff giving this bird the POP that it needs.

Also, as stated, make sure everything is centered, including sub trim. Once you have verified that everything is centered, re-bind the helicopter to the Tx. When you plug in the heli, make sure to plug it in and leave it alone until the heli initializes. I plug mine in standing up, but you can lay it on its side if need be. Once initialized, just stand it upright and you are good to go. Just remember though, the gyro is going to try and correct for the movement that you give it by standing it up so letting it sit there for about 15 seconds to let the swash level out could be worthwhile.

And speaking of the swash, make sure your swash is level and all of the links are equal length. There is a mod that everyone does to achieve proper pitch, adn that is to extend the links (I think) by 3 turns. If this is a used heli, this may have already been done.

Post video!!!

yardner

K Thanks T, just ordered some of the KBDD tail blades right before i read your reply, so good!
Yes, it is a New bird. picked it up at my LHS for $100 bucks BnF V2. So i will try the mod. but please remember that i am a noob and just want a tame heli that i will use as a trainer.
Was really thinking about holding out for the MCPX BL but hey it was a 100 bucks!!!

a video??? dont really think anybody wants to watch me hovering around my garage. but will post ya some perty pics of it if ya want.

Thanks

yardner - texas

Tony

Staff member
Cleaned up the double post.

IMO, the BL version of this is not worth it. I mean, for $20 more you can get the 130x which has a much better tail and can do more. Plus, it's larger.

As for the link adjustments, it's nothing performance, it's about getting the pitch setup correctly. By extending the links, it adds to the pitch of the heli. Thus giving you more even pitch from positive to negative. With this being a new bird, they may have this issue fixed. The way to check is to put the heli in throttle hold, fold the blades the same direction and give full positive pitch. Then full negative. The spacing between the blades should be the same for both. And at mid stick, the blades should be perfectly in line.

yardner

thanks for the clean up, my mistake.:neglected:

yes i have checked the swash and the travel is off, like you explained. so i will get that adjusted.
i really like to fly this mcpx. one reason its not like my t-rex 450 where to tell the truth, i'm always nervous/ kind of scared.
with the mcpx, its a joy to fly and bang it around and to not just worry about tearing it up. and i do that plenty with my t-rex.
so i want to thank this forum and its posters for giving the information that i needed to go out and get the mcpx as sort of a trainer.

thanks

Tony

Staff member
Bro, the mcpx is the best trainer there is. On the sim and on the mcpx, I can toss those things around the sky like there is no worry in the world. However, you get a 450, 500 or 600 in my hands, and I turn into the "Hover Master" lmao. Can't really crash when you are just hovering. But, I'm hoping to change that with the Official RCH Heli, the Align 600 Nitro Super Pro.

As for helping you out, that is what we are here for bro. No question is too small, if you don't know it, post up and we will help you out. I just wish my mcpx was in flying condition so that I could have a little fun...

Bruno

I have had this bird for over a year. One of the first heli I bought. I found it to be a great "learning" bird. I burned out its original motor.

That said, I set it aside as I progressed to other Helis and a few 450s. Recently I charged some brand new nano tech 300 mAh, 35 c batteries and took her for a few flights in the house, after about a year of sitting on the mantle. Now, I don't know if it's my experience or the heli but it seems she did not have the verticle speed that I have become familiar with using the 450 or 130X. I don't remember how much verticle punch she had when I first started flying. Not to mention I was just a begininer and prefered calm flight.

Question: is this a typical verticle pop experience with the mcpx? in orther words, does the stock mcpx not really have much "pitch power"?

Thanks.d

Last edited:

pvolcko

It's got some zip, but it will likely seem tame compared to the larger heli's you've become accustomed to. One thing to check is the swash, make sure none of the arms coming off the swash are bent or cracked or otherwise causing pitch issues. Check blade pitch at mid stick and see if it is still 0 deg (eye ball it). On my nano, and I'd expect on the mcpx too, the swash arms has a tendency to bend under the stress of crashes and eventually would lead to large changes in pitch often resulting in more negative and less positive range.

If something is off, try dialing in some PITCH channel subtrim to re-zero it. With these 3-in-1 controller is it fine to use subtrim on the pitch channel in that way.

pj1969

Interesting reading this thread is, I've just taken delivery on one today as my flying seems to be going backwards at the min and no way do I want to spend more money on repairs, so I thought I would go back to basics and see if I can get my confidence back. Spent £400 this week on upgrades for my gobby and really want to start flying her, but until I feel better about my flying, not a chance. Here's hoping the mpcx will lift my spirit.

Last edited:

EyeStation

I put mine on the shelf once I picked up a 130x. Now the 130x is awaiting a 3 in 1, I have brought the mCPx back out to play. I think I got better at flying it because of the 130x practice. I can do circuits indoors now.
But I feel I have to replace 2/3's of my batteries. Those don't seem to have the punch to get this thing more than 3 ft off the ground.
It's been a while since this bird had some fresh mAh food.

Top Bottom