450 WOO HOO Just pulled the trigger on a new Chaos 450 DFC Black Widow

mousie

Could not help myself.Looking to try flybarless. Anybody have one of these helies? Free shipping and the price was right.

Tony

Staff member
Get a good gyro. That, or I really hope you don't own a deep hole in your yard (like my water well) to throw some gyros down lmao.

mousie

Get a good gyro. That, or I really hope you don't own a deep hole in your yard (like my water well) to throw some gyros down lmao.

Hi Tony, this dfc is all new to me. I was talking with amainhobbies and he is got me sold on a micro beast beastx says its very user friendly and has the gyro built right into it. Does anybody know if this is a good choice? He also told me he flys for some major players and gets to try out many different brands and swears buy the beast x.

wolfman76

Looks like a 450 sized goblin. ... msn that bird is sick looking and a nicer price to boot but with the name you think it should have some black widow spiders on it somewhere? Lol

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
For the price they are talking, just go with the AR7200BX. It has an AR7200 Spektrum DSMX Rx built into it, and with a 450, you won't need a satellite Rx. And, it's only a little bit more money. I'm running a 7200bx on my helicopters and the thing just works. A little twitchy on a 450, but on a 600, it's solid as a rock. And yes, you can dial it down to make it less twitchy on a 450. It's a great gyro. This is my vote.

Another option is the Ikon. But with an Ikon, you MUST have a computer to set it up on.

mousie

I don't have a spectrum radio. I am using a Airtronics RDS 8000 TX and was told it will not work with my TX. Micro beast will I just have to run it through my receiver.

Tony

Staff member
Ah, yup, that is correct. You can also use the Ikon like that, but in all reality, I think BX would be a better choice for a 450. Simple to setup, no computer required and it just works.

mousie

Ah, yup, that is correct. You can also use the Ikon like that, but in all reality, I think BX would be a better choice for a 450. Simple to setup, no computer required and it just works.

Tony, do you run any flybarless and whats your take on it. I have been flying for about three years now and always had flybar. The more you crash the easier it is to set up the next time around. I like to say I am pretty much past the learning stage and can fly circuits quite well, loops rolls low high speed passes and also have a couple scale birds that I like to fly. I think flying scale is an art and takes more skill over the pod and boom to make them fly like the big birds.

Lee

Looks like a sweet bird dude.
FBL is a world away from FB. The heli flys better in windy conditions, its infinitely more stable.
You'll love it.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I prefer flybarless and I love it when the gyro is working correctly. I have run the 3GX and the AR7200BX, and the BX wins hands down (same as the beastX or microbeast). I'm in the process of setting up the Ikon on my 600N, but it's not going so well. But I will get it soon enough.

mousie

Sorry Tony, your going have to wait awhile before that happens. Our high temp today was -2 Hard to fly with mittens on.

Tony

Staff member
It's only cold if you think about it. If you just go out there and fly, you will forget all about the cold lol.

mousie

It's only cold if you think about it. If you just go out there and fly, you will forget all about the cold lol.

Well went to the post office and picked up my new 450 black widow. Still can't believe they get it all in the size box it is. All came in perfect condition. The new style canopy is totally assume. Beautifully painted with tail boom cover to match. All parts look very good high quality. Tony, the maiden video may come sooner than expected, as i am really pumped about this build.

Ken Jackson

Or Video's

Let's see how fast you get it built. How about some still pictures for now. Don't think I've seen a Black Widow.

Ken

Top Bottom