General Won't be long....

bigone5500

A quick charge and I was ready. After a quick flight and two crashes later, I'm back here...hmmm...

I don't know if it's a known issue with this heli but the bearing keeps coming out of the swash. I suppose it's a good thing so when I crash it doesn't destroy it.

Admiral

Mine original one used to come apart, I replaced it with a new standard one and after a while it began to come apart as well, I bit the bullet and fitted an alloy one, it came apart after really bad crashes but was a lot better than the plastic ones.

bigone5500

I wonder if I could use a soldering iron and melt the edges around the bearing to keep it from coming out. Kinda like using a punch on metal.

Admiral

I tried CA and I think it dries too brittle after a couple of flight it popped out again. as well you have to be real careful applying it that you don't get any in the bearing.

My mCPx went to my son years ago as spare parts for his, the only micros I fly now are a couple of MSR's I keep to amuse the Grand-kids and my 180CFX.

Tony

Staff member
Well, did you ever melt the swash to try and keep the bearing in place? Did it hold?

bigone5500

I haven't fiddled with it any. I'm really not sure if I want to put my soldering iron on it. I'm not as steady as I used to be and might muck it up real good. I actually feel like the bearing coming out is saving me from having to purchase parts.

Tony

Staff member
If it is coming out during normal flight and very very light crashes (tip overs), then it needs to be secured. But if it is only actual crashes where it is coming out, then I would leave it just as it is. I remember my mSR doing the same thing and I never fixed it. Figured the same thing you are.

bigone5500

The crashes aren't the slam-into-the-ground type. If the blades hit the ground the bearing will pop out. For example: I can initialize the heli and then disconnect the battery. I then can hold the blades and twist them and pop the bearing out pretty easy.

bigone5500

No it only happens when the blades contact the ground. That's why I think it's keeping the thing from breaking.

Top Bottom