450 Wondering about this.....

DAL2855

Banned
I finally got my 4 bladed 450 head back together and installed on a bird last night, but I got to wondering about something. I was wondering if it would be possible to fly this bird with just a normal GY520 headlock gyro instead of putting a FBL gyro on it. with the 4 blades, it would be alot more stable than a FB heli with only two blades. So do you guys think this would be possible or not?

Lee

It is possible, but won't be as stable as a FB heli cause theres no stabilisation system, mechanical or electrical. I haven't tried it my self and don't think i'll bother. I'm contemplating keeping my 450GT and putting a scale body on it with 4 blade head.

murankar

Staff member
Your best option is to use an FBL system, if your looking for a budget gyro look at the ZYX from tarot.

DAL2855

Banned
Murankar, I have the ZYX on my 450 DFC bird and it is an awesome gyro! I also recently purchased an Align 3G gyro but cannot for the life of me get it setup correctly, just did finally get the tail compensation direction working right on it but it's already ruined a brand new set of Align DS415's and I'm not taking any more chances on this darn gyro. I will buy another ZYX before I allow it to ruin another set of gears in these servos!

Top Bottom