600 Won the bid on the Nitro 600!

DAL2855

Banned
What a deal I got on a 600 Nitro bird on ebay! This is going to be one awesome machine! Can't wait to get it and get started on it! The only thing needed to be able to fly are the cyclic servos, which I have, Gonna use Solar D652's on them, and a muffler which I'm getting on ebay as well! Here's a pic of it right now:

Compass Knight 50.JPG

It is mostly built already, but I will be going through it with a fine toothed comb to ensure that everything was assembled according to manual specs. It comes with a JR G7000T Extreme Tail Lock Ring Gyro with 8700G Gyro servo, I will be leaving the servo on it, but am swapping the Gyro out for an Align 3GX FBL system on it. Haven't quite decided which head I will use yet, I plan on installing an MD-500 fuselage on the bird so I'll probably end up going with a multi-blade rotor system. Either a 4 or 5 blade most likely. Everything is new on this machine, the motor hasn't even been fired up yet!

Compass Knight 50.JPG

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Cool! If your not doing 3d flight and setting her up has a scale bird I would just leave the gyro on it though.

DAL2855

Banned
You don't think it will be more stable with the 3GX system? A little easier to fly maybe with the 3 axis gyro?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
No not really. Scale flying your basically just hovering around and forward rear flight. The 3gx is a 3d gyro. You not need it for scale flying. A good gp 750 or gp 780 will work just has good. I know nothing about the jr gyro but before I spent money for the 3gx I would at least try out what you have. Also you need to find a good scale lying forum and join star asking questions there. The scale flyers we have here don't seam to be on here much. The just show up post pics if what the have then disappear. East coast helicopters is another good sight to check out.

DAL2855

Banned
Well I was looking at that FBL system because to run the multi-blade head, I have to have the FBL gyro and I will also need a governor for the Nitro Motor, so I was killing two birds with one stone. I have the bid on one right now on ebay for 45.00 for the 3GX system!

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah I checked both of those out, and I can still get the head much cheaper on another site, neither of them come with a gyro either. I can get a 5 blade head for 179.00 CNC head. The cheapest they have there is 235.00 for a 5 blade head. But definitely thanks for the links. I do like that one for 235.00 though, I may end up going with that particular head because I like the design of the head and the way it's setup!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I just came across a post about using a 3 axis gyro fir a multi rotor head so you may be right about that. Getting ready to call it a night so chat tomorrow. I'll keep researching. There has to be some recommendations for gyros somewhere! Lol

DAL2855

Banned
Well I also need the built in governor that the 3GX had so that I wouldn't need to purchase a separate governor as well as a gyro. So it only makes sense to use a 3GX system and also makes sense because of weight, which I really don't think would be a problem either way, but just it will weigh less using the 3GX than a gyro with additional governor as well. Have a good night!

callsign4223

Staff member
The reason to go with a 3 axis gyro on a scale bird is because of the flybar. You obviously don't want a flybar messing with the looks of your scale bird, and you need a 3 axis gyro for stability if you don't have a flybar. It's not that he's going to be doing crazy 3d in it, he just need to be able to control it.

Top Bottom