450 Wobble

treff

I noticed today that when flying and the helicopter meets highish winds it develops a definite wobble almost like there
is not enough head speed. Just curious if anyone as come across this before. When there is calm conditions it is very stable.
Cheers

treff

Update. I have quite a number of flights on this HK450 gt pro2 helicopter It has never had a hard landing or been or crash but
I have found that the main shaft has become slightly bent inducing the above wobble. Do they bend with time or flight stress?
Strange. I've bent quite a few in the past but never had one bent on it's own. I will now call my heli HK URI Geller MK1 GT pro 2
Cheers

Lee

Some inferior shafts will bend Treff. The original Align ones should be made from a harder grade steel.

treff

Thanks Lee. Yes found to my disapointment again the original shaft to soft to take any load and bent. It bent just enough to induce a wobble. It happened
when I went inverted............................by mistake LOL. Heli got swept up in a very big thermal and before I knew what was going on it was very high.
Pulled a wrong one and over it went. Boy they come down pretty quite LOL. Kept my cool and rolled it backup right and gave full power. I did not get
a blade fart but the noise was something I have not heard before. Somewhere between a blade fart and a scream from all the bits LOL. The
wobble started after but only when flying into the wind and gradually got worse. Thanks again for the reply. Cheers

Top Bottom