Micro Wl toys V911

sherpa

Is it true that the same transmitter can control all versions of the V911? I'm trying to simplify and I am not getting any help from the vendors. I am using one from my V912 right now.

Tony

Staff member
They change what band they are transmitting on all the time, so the only way to really know is to just try it out. But usually you can use one Tx. Just know that you are going to have to calibrate each model every time you try to use it.

sherpa

Yeah I don't want to mess with that every time I change, I bought one from amazon and it won't bind with any of my four 911's or my 912. Thanks!

Tony

Staff member
Yea, those are usually used to learn the basics on then you will move up to something that is either a kit, or bind and fly like the blade helicopters. With those you can get a Spektrum Tx that will hold multiple models and save each of their settings. Using one generic Tx with multiple models, each one of them are going to have a different trim and you will have to work that out every time you connect to one. It's really more of a hassle than it is worth. I would just fly it with the stock Tx (if you have it) and when you are ready, hit us up and we can make suggestions on an upgraded helicopter to progress your learning.

DMartin_nj

You can get a multi protocol module to plug in to many transmitters that accept the JR style mounting.
IE Taranis, th9x, 9xr and many others.
I keep forgetting to order one from Banggood when I put an order in.
It is supposed to do most of the "toy" quads and helicopters.

Multiprotocol TX Module For Frsky X9D X9D Plus X12S Flysky TH9X 9XR PRO Transmitter

Wait.... I have not seen this one yet.... 5 years ago I purchased the TH9X to give it a try. after downing a heli 50 foot out, I did not trust it any longer.... I had to stop my hobby for a while to save money... Now getting back into it, I purchased a bunch of DYI for it, the last one was a "Frsky" module from the "Flysky"... For longer rang that is... I have not put the module in yet because I recently purchased a Spektrum DX8G2. Im not sure if I should continue with that TH9X or scrap it... And... this Miliprotocal module, is it something that is better than the "FrSky" module?

Im probably wasting mine and your time with this silly question and should just trash the TH9X... Before I do that, what are your thoughts?

Stambo

I still have my 9x radio that my son uses to fly a quad, I now use a Taranis.

The Frsky module is in my opinion, one of the best upgrades you can do for the 9x radio.
It gives better range, a more solid connection, and a much wider range of receiver availability, including many very tiny, and cheap, aftermarket ones.
A modded 9x with opentx firmware is still a very powerful and capable transmitter although mine still runs on standard firmware.

The multiprotocol module allows you to fly many of the "toy" grade quads and helicopters with a full sized transmitter.

They are for 2 different uses.

DMartin_nj

I still have my 9x radio that my son uses to fly a quad, I now use a Taranis.

The Frsky module is in my opinion, one of the best upgrades you can do for the 9x radio.
It gives better range, a more solid connection, and a much wider range of receiver availability, including many very tiny, and cheap, aftermarket ones.
A modded 9x with opentx firmware is still a very powerful and capable transmitter although mine still runs on standard firmware.

The multiprotocol module allows you to fly many of the "toy" grade quads and helicopters with a full sized transmitter.

They are for 2 different uses.

AWESOME!!! I will get it installed soon and test it out. It's just annoying that the radio was crap as STOCK... I read much hype on it n thought okay I'll give it a try. You get what you pay for.... But that is the reason for purchasing a DX8G2. I did not trust the TH9x any more... I lost a heli after it was out 50 foot or better. I still used it but when I got back into this 5 years later, I did not let it get out too far at all...

Stambo thank you for you input. It brings my confidence back up about the TH9X transmitter.

Top Bottom