250 WK-G007 or G011 Gyro question

Gary

I have and Exceed-G2 heli with the (funky to program) WK-2602 Tx and a WK-G011 gyro which from what I've read is pretty much the same as a WK-G007 Gyro.

With my gyro sensitivity set to 70% on the Tx I have to hold quite a bit of left rudder to keep the nose pointing straight ahead. If I release the rudder it rotates to the right CW which is the same direction as the rotor rotation so it seems that my gyro is over correcting for torque??? My rudder trim is set to "center" which is displayed as 50% on the Tx. I moved the rudder servo on the boom so it hovers "thumbs off" when my gyro sensitivity is set to 0% or "normal" as the instructions say. I believe this is what the instructions refer to as setting the "neutral" position. As soon as I crank up the sensitivity to 70% (AVCS Mode) the nose of the heli drifts to the right.

I tried setting the sensitivity to 50% and the nose yawed violently right, then left, then right again and was almost uncontrollable. What the heck am I doing wrong? I thought this was an HH gyro, why won't it hold the heading?:dispirited:

Thanks,
Gary

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
seems like the gyro doesnt know the servo limits may be.. Or worse still that accompanied with that the gyro correction direction is reversed. You should use the tutorials by Lee here to set up the correction direction.

Let us know what you find out

Tail servo direction and Gyro set up

Gary

Gentlemen, thanks for the suggestions, I'll give them a whirl..... no pun intended. I'm about 99% sure I have the gyro correction direction correct but it won't hurt to double check it just to be sure. I'll get back to you with the results.

Gary

Gary

Ok, here's the results of my tests this evening. Rudder travel direction is correct. Gyro correction direction is correct. I tried setting my gyro sensitivity on my WK-2602 Tx to 100% and the nose still pulls to the righ and to my surprise there was no tail wagging. Since I have to hold left rudder to keep the nose straight I tried sliding the servo back slightly on the boom with my trim still set to center. That helped for a few seconds then the nose started drifting to the left and it took nearly full right rudder to correct it. Then it started yawing lazily back and forth and my rudder control inputs were very sluggish and ineffective. I've about had it with this thing. Anyone want to buy my heli? I think I'm going to buy a T-Rex 450.

Thanks,
Gary

taizi

i just had a quick check, and i found some comments from the web about this kitty, from what they say it does have problems and is really sensitive to tempreture causing a drifting effect
on the flip side i'm using the tarot ZYX with a walkera Devo 8, which took alot of messing to get set-up, i found i had to pull the travel limit down alot on the "gear" on the TX so that the gyro functioned within the right parameters, i was getting severe wag until i did this, i then was able to set the gyro effect to 70% on the software program and 38% on the gyro sens on the TX, after that i adjusted the rudder mechanically if i had drifting

i dont know if this will help you but if you can pull the travel limit down on the TX it may allow you to set the gyro sens up properly
good luck

paul

Tony

Staff member
That is the downside to the piezoelectric gyro. Even a 2º shift in temp will cause them to drift. I'm having the same issue on mine. It sucks lol.

taizi

yeah i got used to adjusting the rudder trim during flight because they change when the batt and esc start getting warm, since i converted to FBL ZYX that problem rarely exists, i only get a slight drift when its really gusting, hooray!! for 3 axis gyro's hehehe

Top Bottom