General wiring motor to esc help

treff

Could anyone help with another dum question? I have the Turnigy Trust 45amp sbec speed controller but how do you wire this to the motor. The three leads have no marking whereas the motor has red, black and yellow. Does it matter? I sure it should. Any help would be most appreciated. Just an aside to this. I have been building and flying gliders for the past 40 years. In the last week building one little helicopter I have purchased more special tools that the astronauts take to the ISS. Great fun.

Lee

It doesn't matter. If they motor spins the wrong way, just change two of the wires around and you're good to go. :D

treff

It doesn't matter. If they motor spins the wrong way, just change two of the wires around and you're good to go. :D
That's great many thanks Lee for the very speedy reply. What's the weather like in Spain, here in Wales its very cold with snow brrrrrrrrrrrr. I have like you suggested order good quality hex drivers, just one cost more than the heli I'm building LOL . The only thing I've had to buy in the past is new sheets of sandpaper LOL. Cheers Lee

Lee

Mixed weather this last couple of weeks, but looking good for next weekend.
Many people have blamed stripping heads on bad screws, when actually its bad hex wrenches. Hardened steel are the only ones to use. You will have a nice little tool box by the time you finished your heli :D

treff

Mixed weather this last couple of weeks, but looking good for next weekend.
Many people have blamed stripping heads on bad screws, when actually its bad hex wrenches. Hardened steel are the only ones to use. You will have a nice little tool box by the time you finished your heli :D

Yes, all ready for the big 700 Goblin. Saw one flying in London a few weeks ago, very, very impressive. Thanks again.

Lee

Now you're talking dirty. The Goblin is my dream heli. If things go well in the next few months, it may actually become a possibility later this year. :D

treff

Now you're talking dirty. The Goblin is my dream heli. If things go well in the next few months, it may actually become a possibility later this year. :D
That's great. What surprised me was almost total lack of noise just that thwack of the blades against the air. Fantastic piece of engineering.

Derek

I love flying my Goblin 700 everyday. It's just a shame that my Goblin 700 is on the Phoenix Sim, lol.

xokia

Yes this is a thread jack but I think the original poster got their question answered.

I have also looked at the goblin. The one thing I didn't like was the belt driven tail instead of torque tube. Anyone know why they chose to go belt drive instead of torque tube?

Top Bottom